Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2009 FDIC at Indianapolis, Indiana

Although it's only the first of February, the 2009 Fire Department Instructor's Conference held from April 20th through the 25th in Indianapolis, Indiana, will be here before we know it.

Each year we schedule a dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory (within walking distance of the Conference Center) for those readers of this board attending the Conference. The dinner is usually held one of the evenings during the 'exhibit days' of the Conference; this year that would be either April 23, 24, or 25.

It's great food, very inexpensive, great atmosphere, and we can talk literally all night about our favorite hobby.

In the past, those attending the dinner have brought actual kit-bashed models, toys, photo albums, etc. to the dinner to get the discussion started. Hopefully, this year will be no different. In fact, one of the models I'll be bringing along will be a Code 3 lime-green FDNY Aerialscope (26 Truck) that could have been (back then) a 'stable-mate' to FDNY's lime-green Engine 58 in the same firehouse Harlem.

If you're planning to attend this year's FDIC and would like to be a part of our yearly get-together, please let me know either by e-mail (toytrucker@msn.com) or, my direct office phone, (701) 251-9112.

We've had some great dinners and discussions in the past...hope you can be part of it this year!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)