Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PLAIN BROWN WRAPPER

Maybe Mike L. can help me on this one.

I was cruising ebay and spotted a sale for First Gear whee/tire sets.I have a couple of converted KW-100 models, and was never happy with the AMT plastic tires, so I dug out a couple of large boxes marked FG so I could compare tire sizes. These boxes have been sealed since I moved in April 2002. On top of the stack was a larger box #18-1451 still wrapped in brown paper. Not knowing what it was, I opened it. Model is a Mack B FDNY tractor with Fire Museum semi trailer. I don't ever remember purchasing it. As it was factory wrapped in tissue with clear plastic, I only opened up the tractor for a quick look-see. The mirrors, Bulldog, and spare tire are still sealed. I would like to see what it looks like, but I would rather not open the sealed packages. Does anyone have a link to a photo of this model? Plus, any idea what its worth? And is it rare, or a large issue?

Thanks, Chuck.

Re: PLAIN BROWN WRAPPER

gee, that was quick. Found on by posting number on Google and located a photo on ebay. Not what I expected. But a nice collectible.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/VR-FDNY-TRADITIONS-COMMEMORATIVE-TRUCK-First-Gear_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ270312695579

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)