Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchbox Working Rigs Pierce Quantam ladder

just picked up a Matchbox Working Rig Quantam ladder in red lettered for San Diego .Nice looking rig also scored the yellow version .Good day at Target !!

Re: Matchbox Working Rigs Pierce Quantam ladder

What area are you located in? The two Target stores near me haven't stocked most of their toy shelves since before Christmas. The Matchbox and Hot Wheels sections have had the same 30 or 40 cars on the pegs for months. I asked one sales associate last week about why the store didn't refill the diecast cars very often. She told me that as long as there is one car on each peg, they consider the section fully stocked. When I pointed out to her that there were many empty pegs, she rearranged the cars so that there was at least one on each peg, and she said now they were fully stocked.

The Wal-Marts aren't much better. Last week I asked some one at our local store when they might be re-stocking diecast cars. The guy told me they couldn't get anyone to work the toy section because it is always such a mess and hard to keep in order. I guess in this economy and job market people can be picky about what work assignments the want. Maybe I should tell my chief I'm only going to respond on calls that don't require me to pull hose or throw ladders. I'll let you all know how that works out for me....lol

it was Fairfield NJ . Been back and forth but never found anything .then the last two trips were good 2 red pierce pumpers last week the the two ladders yesterday.

In the Atlanta area I have had much better luck finding the M-Box fire stuff @ Wal Mart than at Target.

Went traveling around my area today and found one of the red Quantum rigs lettered for Truck 47 San Diego Fire DFept. Found most of my small Pierce engines at Wal Mart. Will be in San Diego area for Firehouse Show next 3 days so I'll be looking down there for any I can get. For you kitbashers in the MB Working rigs size there is a Western Star 6900XD wrecker out in alsmost a maroon coloring. It has tow company decals but could be made into Heavy Rescue similar to LA City rig.

Snagged a yellow and red version in the Target in Bridgewater, NJ on Sunday

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)