Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RESIN KITS

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIANCE W/ RESIN KITS LIKE HOW HARD ARE THEY OR THE QUALITY ONCE THERE DONE ?

Re: RESIN KITS

I have only worked with resin kits in HO scale. In general they are much like plastic kits in how you build them. You do have to use superglue to fasten parts. The sanding dust is dangerous and toxic so wear a dust mask if you are doing that kind of work.

Probably the biggest problem you may face is pin holes in the casting or warping of the casting. The former can be fixed with normal filler. The later by soaking the model in warm water and flexing it back to the correct shape.

Oh yeah, the price can be steep. But the reason the models are in resin is because no major manufacturer is willing to make the model in large quantities.

Jeff

Jeff Webster,
I have sent you a few emails in the last two or three
weeks and I have had NO reply. Maybe I have a wrong
email address for you, I don't know. Please contact
me ASAP at Ronbocop55@comcast.net.

Jeff W. ....Me too. Sent you the Code 3 piece you wanted a couple of months ago, haven't heard back from you, maybe ur e-mail address is also the problem.
Rgds, Paul T.

I hope you 2 have not been sending it as it appears on here, as I can see it has been spam-bot proofed.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)