Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Board Ownership

Since I've addressed the issue of board moderation, allow me to also address board ownership. I am the administrator of the forum, but I am not the owner. There is no owner. Or, if you prefer, everyone is the owner. I acquired the role of administrator some years ago, when the previous administrator transferred those duties.

In my role of administrator, I can delete posts, delete threads, and perform other magic. However, I typically only perform those actions either (a.) in obvious interest of the forum, such as deleting SPAM posts or (b.) at the collective wish of forum users, such as moderating a thread that everyone (or the majority) seeks moderated.

Please keep these points in mind, as you express your feelings about the board in both postings and private messages to me. Signed, your humble servant and all that jazz.

Re: Board Ownership

Clearly you get put on the spot at times when a need arises. To ignore such a situation when you are the one who can actually deal with it is irresponsible.

There is from time to time a need to control things when they get out of control and threaten the intent of any forum and the enjoyment for others. (I did not see, nor do I need to see, the thread that initiated this particular post).

In a word... Sometimes a Man does what a Man has to do. No apologies needed.

Mike,
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it. Thanks for managing a great board.

Mike I also think you've done a great job with this board. This board has been a great communications tool and asset for many collectors. Probably more than you'll ever hear from who just enjoy the availability and convenience of it. Keep up the great job, I'm sure you have the support of most of it's members.

Chris

Mike - you put in a lot of time and effort with this board, and you do an excellent job that we appreciate.
This is a great hobby, and this board is an excellent way to support that hobby. It is a shame that sometimes it gets overrun with childishness that has no place here, and you have to pull the plug on it.
Keep up the good work Mike, the silent majority appreciates it.

Thanks for your efforts Mike. ROCK ON!

Mike......Amen brother for doing a great job for your fellow board members. I personally wud like to see you "pull the plug" when board members start posting political points of view. There are plenty of other places to express one's views about politics. Let's keep to the board's original intent of discussing the model emergency vehicle hobby.....

Mike,

This is the only Board (aside from MCCC) that I post to--and that's because I like the way that it is run.

Keep up the great work!

Mike...

This is the very first miniature emergency vehicle web site that I learned about after getting my first computer many sets of bunker gear ago...

It has been a source of good news, good friendships, and has been a great ride along the way...

Keep up the great work...hope to be with you guys for a long time to come...

Larry Phillips
The Little Engine House
Toy Trucker Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)