Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seller Dreaming of a Gold Mine

Check this eBay seller out - he's selling a bunch of Matchbox Yesteryears fire trucks, the ones that sold in magazines for about $20 each, for 170 bucks each (and his store is called "Bargain Wizard Deals 4U" (LOL). And he says that collector shops are selling them for $275! (Right next to the $250 Road Champs PA State Police car, no doubt.) Another seller on eBay has the same rescue truck for $20...
http://cgi.ebay.com/MATCHBOX-MOY-FIRE-ENGINES-1937-GMC-RESCUE-SQUAD-YFE10_W0QQitemZ220313688962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiecast_Vehicles?hash=item220313688962&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Re: Seller Dreaming of a Gold Mine

You notice there are no bids at that price. There is also a "Make an offer" where you can try to buy it cheaper. I think this seller is smoking something and I would love to get some of it. There is no way I would pay that for the Matchbox collection. Yes, they were nice and pretty well made, but not worth $100+ each.

I got all five(?) sets by subscription, because I was a crazed collector at one point, before the Code 3 Revolution.

That said, only one set is worth owning, IMO, and that's the turn of the century-pre WWI set. These wre the nicest by far. I would love to unload the rest of them, maybe I'll offer them to that ebay seller above for $100 each. Now that's a bargain, he can make a killing!

I notice that he's only had one offer.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)