Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
REVELL MACK CF600 SNAP TITE MODEL

VISITED A HOBBY SHOP THIS MORNING.AND FOUND A REVELL MACK CF600 SNAP TITE MODEL IN RED.ABOUT 20 OR SO YEARS AGO MONOGRAM CAME OUT WITH THIS SAME MODEL IN RED AND YELLOW.20 YEARS AGO IT SOLD FOR AROUND 5 DOLLARS.THIS REVELLE KIT SELLS FOR 12.59. IT REQUIRES NO GLUING ,BUT I FEEL IT HELPS TO USE GLUE IN SOME AREAS.WITH ALITTLE WORK IT CAN TURN OUT TO BE A DECENT MODEL.FOR THE PRICE

Re: REVELL MACK CF600 SNAP TITE MODEL

The issues from 20 or so years back were actually re-issues. The originals date back to the 70s. I remember getting 1 of each back then for $1.99 each, new.

YOUR RIGHT IT WAS THE 70S TIME FLIES,AT THAT TIME THEY CAME IN BOXES.IN THE LATE 80S THEY WERE SOLD JUST IN PLASTIC BAGS ONLY IN RED

I don't remember these Mack kits being around in the 70's, unless it was very late, like 1979. I bought several of the Monogram issues in both red and yellow around 1981 or 82.

The kits I remember most from the 70's were the 1/25th scale AMT American LaFrance rigs, the 1/32nd scale Aurora "California Fire Truck" ALF (which was also a reissue from the 60's) and the Linbberg Line open cab 900 series ALF, which has since been reissued.

I was either just ending high school or just out, when I got the Macks, if I remember right. That was 79. I have a few of the AMT series rigs, & several of the Aurora ALFs. The Lindberg rig was a great disappointment between not having "duals" in the rear & being an off scale, smaller than 1/32(1/38 maybe?).

I agree with the disappointment of the Lindberg kit. I actually found a plastic toy truck years ago in nearly the smae scale with dual rear wheels and kitbashed them onto my original Lindberg model. Looks pretty good with that a a few added details.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)