Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Someone - Please smack me upside the head!

I'm not thinking straight.

While evaluating the new C3 ladder 15 on line, $90.00 US, I discovered that the C3 1/32 Diamond Plate Luverne can be obtained instead for only $17.50 more (10.00 club membership and 7.50 for the model).

I happen to think that this Luverne model is about the ugliest fire truck I have ever seen but I am a big fan of large scale models. Has anyone here bought one of the C3 Luvernes?

Your evaluations please (both the model and myself...hehehe).

Re: Someone - Please smack me upside the head!

When CFD Engine 102 and the fireboat went on sale for $50 and $39 respectively, I bought both. It is a beautiful model--the only DP equivalent model I have to compare it to is the Norfolk FM/C3 ladder and the Luvere is hands down a better model. This is back when C3 actually paid attention to detail. At $50 it was a STEAL! Quite honestly, it's a no brainer if it's that or L15 for the price difference. Only issue is shipping--they nail you almost $20 now, but back then it was only $10......

Buy it, you won't be dissappointed.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)