Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PIERCE QUANTUM PUMPER AND AERIAL

HIT A TARGET STORE SATURDAY FOUND 6 PIERCE LIME PUMPERS .7 INTERNATIONAL WHITE PUMPERS AND 3 LIME PIERCE QUANTUM AERIALS .SUNDAY I HIT A SUPER WALMART AND FOUND 4 LIME QUANTUM AERIALS AND 5 QUANTUM AERIALS IN RED SAN DIEGO FIRE RESCUE. THERE OUT THERE ANYONE SEE THE PUMPER IN RED YET

Re: PIERCE QUANTUM PUMPER AND AERIAL

I tried to clean Buffalo out Friday. I did pick up the red Quantums I found. I also found one of the new Monacos at Target.

Jeff

Norther VA report: Scored 1 of the red ladders--I find the yellow ones everywhere I go. Was lucky enough today to find then new RWR Dump Truck and Wrecker--which has kitbash potential to be like LAFD Heavy Rescue 56..... Although this one I'm going leave as it. This line of trucks is pretty suite and for almost 5 bucks, it's not that expensive. The only one I haven't bought is the cement mixer--not a fan.

No real luck on the 1-75 series--although I did find the 2 new repaints of the Dodge Charger....

FYI....this was all at Targets....the WMs around here and the TRUs have sucked for new MB cars.

Target has always been good when it comes to restocking Matchbox, although the beginning of the year things are slow, this year in particular. All the Targets near me are down to only 4 pegs for Matchbox. Most of my 1-100 MB's this year have come from Walmart, which only 1 in 10 have anything period, or at Stop & Shop (Grocery store chain in the North East).

Like stated above, I have had good luck with the Real Working Rigs series at Target though, in fact I just got the wrecker today, and what a beautiful piece it is, particularly for $4 and some change.

I have both Quantum ladders, but have only seen the red San Diego once. You just have to watch out for the quality control on some of these, I've seen a few lime Quantum's with funky axles, and in one case on the MCCH forum, mis-matched wheels, lol.

The RWR line seems successful, so hopefully we'll see more fire apparatus in the future. I assume it will pretty much be limited to ladder trucks though, since the whole premise of the line are trucks with real working features. I'm thinking a mid mount Pierce Arrow XT tower would be a good idea, since MB already has a Pierce license, and another rearmount might look too similar to the Quantum for the average consumer.

Check out Ebay. I found Pierce pumpers and ladders for fairly decent prices. Got 2 pumpers for about $6.00 and the ladder was $7.00...plus shipping. Saved me a lot of aggravation running around looking and not finding. Just a thought.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)