Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchbox E-350 Ambulance

Does anyone have information on the 2008 Ford E-350 ambulance release ? (scale, department(s), etc.)
Catalog # MB771. The catalog says F-350, but the picture shows an E-350 dual rear wheel type III.
The picture looks pretty decent, if the model is anywhere close, it will be a hit especially if it comes close to 1/64th scale.

Re: Matchbox E-350 Ambulance

So far there haven't been any details other than it will be the Type 3 E series. I wouldn't hold out hope that it will be 1/64. Past models were about 1/70 and they were tight in the pack. I do think it will be better than the last Ford ambulance but not a Code 3 quality casting.
There haven't been any hints about departments etc. ut white and red is a good bet.

Jeff

I was kinda hoping it would be closer to 1/87th. At least, within reason.

Me to John. But I think it will be right smack dab in the middle of our 2 favorite scales. It just works with the blister and wheels.

Right now on the 1/87 ambulance front we are quite lacking. The Busch models are really bad and cost too much for what you get. The Life Like one is generic and has doors for midgets. The Boleys were never good but even they are gone.

Jeff

Jeff W.
REAd your email please, I sent you an email a couple
of days ago.
God Bless,
Ronbo

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)