Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FDIC Coming Up Next Week!

To those who are current subscribers to the TOY TRUCKER & CONTRACTOR, your May magazines may not reach you in time if you're heading to Indianapolis next week for the 2009 FDIC...

So...to give you (and others) a 'Heads-Up' on my May Little Engine House column, watch for TWH Collectibles to be represented in two DIFFERENT Fire Apparatus Manufacturer's booths at the Show, which opens on Thursday, April 23rd. One, naturally, will be Pierce, with a showcase of TWH Models on display in their booth...

The other Fire Apparatus Manufacturer, ????, well, we're all going to have to wait until the show opens on Thursday to find out!

There have been rumors circulating that TWH was going to have a booth of their own...as did Ertl, First Gear, Corgi, and Code 3 Collectibles in years past...

But, if you go back and read the interview that I did with the powers-that-be at TWH in my October, 2008 feature story about them, you'll remember that "...TWH is a marketing company that specializes in building brands through museum quality replicas; they build (as models) the brands they represent by linking arms with industry's leading OEM's...and, in this case, Pierce, ????, etc. Therefore, it is only appropriate that TWH would not have a booth of their own at FDIC (since it is an industry trade show); TWH would rather support and promote their OEM's in an effort to further enhance those particular OEM's respective brands."

So, once again, who will it be (besides Pierce) that TWH will annouce their new partnership with on Thursday, April 23rd at this year's FDIC?

Needless to say, we'll have a full page, full color photo report in my June column...

And, for those of you who are going to FDIC, please let me know so we can get together...I should be arriving in Indy on Tuesday, April 21st, and will be available on my cell phone at (701) 361-1911.

Re: FDIC Coming Up Next Week!

On their website they mention Seagrave:

“TWH Collectibles has produced construction and mining replicas for industry leading companies such as Bucyrus, Letourneau, Manitowoc, and P&H. But through relationships with Oshkosh Corporation, Pierce Manufacturing, Jerr-Dan, and Seagrave, TWH has expanded its line considerably. We believe that a redesigned distribution system will better serve the passionate collectors of these fine machine replicas,” says Nicholas Neumann, V.P. of Sales and Marketing.

Re: FDIC Coming Up Next Week!

Larry,

I'm heading up to Indy next tuesday AM with an overnite stop in Louisville. We be at FDIC about noon on Wednesday. Already have my badge, just have to get a holder. Will be hanging out at Braun & Rosenbauer booths. Shud be interesting "commuting" between the 2 buildings! Will give you a call on ur cell.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)