Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TWH Seagraves!

Wow!!

On the Seagrave website

http://www.seagrave.com/index.cfm?display=company_news&row=1&id=268&title=TWH%20Collectibles%20Debuts%20Seagrave%20Scale%20Model%20Program%20at%20FDIC&layout=2

Re: TWH Seagraves!

WOW....Very nice!...Goodbye Code 3.

That looks like one heck of a rig! OMG--which one to buy????? I've lived in New London, grew up in MA (south of Somerville), and live in NOVA (Leesburg and DC rigs)!

Admittedly, I will likely go with DC mainly b/c it will be the more unique piece having the Marauder I cab. At $290, that is a pretty penny, but I haven't bought a diecast fire truck since C3 did the Fairfax County Pumper.....

Some of the C3 collection may have to go bye-bye to make room for these.....

My only wish, is that TWH included a display case. For that price, they should!

Whoever goes to the FDIC needs to give a first hand account of what they look like in person.

I forsee one of these beauties headed my way, preferably the DC piece and hopefully The House of Pain's Truck 13.... and I wish they would hurry and do the Miami Dade Pierce..... mmmmm mmmm sweet

Wow is right!

I'm in for 1 New London rig. It's exactly what I am looking for to add to the 1/50 FD for a modern rig. I would much rather spend $300.00 on one very well done piece in a year, than on 3 x $100.00 "ya get what ya get" pieces(in what ever scale they happen to come out in).

Ya never know...this might force C3 to get their act together...but I doubt it.

I am in the minority here. At $300 I think these are way over priced. Especially after reading some of the reviews or the first releases like markings coming off etc. At best these are $150 items. Even with the recent inflation of materials and labor in the homeland. The runs aren't too limited to push the price that high.

They appear nice and there are even a couple I would add to my collection. But look at the Kern County service truck. It is 5X the price of a similar Spec Cast model.

Very nice models. They aren't too expensive, they're overpriced.

Jeff,
I've got to agree with you. I have some serous reservations about paying their price. Yes, they are really nicely done with great detail. But so were the Franklin Mint ones, and they were a bigger scale, so you got more for your buck. I think for the time being I'm going to wait them out and see if the price comes down. If I lose, oh well. Won't be the first time. After all they're only diecast collectibles.

I have a couple of th TWH cranes and they are stunning...so one each of the Seagraves will be coming here...the Seagrave Model Shop indicates that they will be doing scope, tender and engine etc..

Seagrave has 6 of the new TWH TDA's in a display case for viewing, they all look great. Took some pics, but won't be able to down load them till late next week. By that time, Larry Phillips shud have downloaded the ones he took. Don't be surprised to see another well known apparatus manufacturer represented by TWH, not at liberty to say anything else.

Note Seagrave has a 40% off deal for emergency workers

What are the details for the 40%, I will take one at that price. Thanks in advance.

I, too, saw the Seagrave ladders on display at FDIC and have to agree that they're WAY overpriced. Very nice models, great detailing but way too expensive.

The Quantum pumpers were on display at the Pierce booth, as were the Velocity PUC and aerial, and while nice, they're overpriced, too.

Julius
What are the details for the 40%, I will take one at that price. Thanks in advance.

I have the link you need to get the discount from Seagrave.
http://seagravemodelshop.com/t-discountcodeobtain.aspx

WOW, these are simply amazing pieces, I was blown away by the Pierce Quantums and the oshkosh rigs, these people def know what there doing!! I'd love to see them keep going on the fire rescue line with some ALF Pumpers, maybe some heavy rescues of some sorts with LOTS OF DETAIL, which so far they def have!!
Im still wishin someone would have done an American Lafrance pioneer! loved those rigs!! KEEP UP THE AWESOME JOB TWH!!!

Yeah same thing here. I tried to place an order with the 40% promo code THEY gave me, it came back expired.
20% discount is nice, but not after their initial 40. I tried to place an order for 9 yeah 9 pieces. But now I'm unsure I will give them my money! They should at least honor the codes THEY issued. Anything after they decided to alter the offer could be cut back. Poor business practice. pep.

As I understood it at FDIC, the 40% discount only applied to Seagrave employees & dealers, not fire service folks. Might want to contact your Seagrave dealer and see what they can do for you...

I just ordered 3 TWH models. Got the red/black tiller, the Miami-Dade PUC and one of the Kern County mechanic trucks. Spread them out over a few months so my checking account might not notice.

Administrative note...

I removed a posting that contained a cut-and-paste of a message from TWH that included the promotion code.

Posting the promo code probably isn't a good move, particularly as TWH has been requesting that collectors refrain from sharing that code, if they have qualified to receive it.

I believe both collectors and the company are likely harmed by such actions. e.g., nobody wins.

Thus, I encourage anyone posting on this topic to consider refraining from including actual promotion codes. I think we'd probably agree that that's best for all concerned.

I welcome discussion, differences of opinion, etc., and both on this matter, and my attempt at due diligence by deleting the post.

mjl

The 40% was for emergency workers also but you had to prove it

John Antonelli
The 40% was for emergency workers also but you had to prove it

Only "emergency workers" from the departments being "produced" were supposed to get the 40%. The on line statements made about "all" getting 40% were in error. As a result of the mix up, those that applied & qualified, but were not from Seagrave, a Seagrave dealer, or produced FD, were given 20%. If you got 40% & are not a member of the stipulated departments or a dealer, then you were very lucky.

40% would have been nice, but I'll take the 20% they gave me & be happy.

I am an active-duty firefighter, and I also was given a 20% discount, after submitting my credentials. I ordered the DC Truck 13, but think the 40% should have been honored, because the original add stated a 40% for emergency workers.

Julius

I ordered FIVE of them

Somerville
DC
DC
Leesburg
Dade

I did get the 40% but I was like a dog on a bone so maybe I got in before they changed it.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)