Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FDIC 2009

I, too, was at FDIC but to me it sure didn't look like the crowds were down. Yesterday (Friday) was a good day, lots of people there.

The Lucas Oil Stadium is not all that far of a walk. I disagree that it's "several blocks" away, maybe 2 at the most, and 2 short blocks at that. The shuttle buses did help, mainly because it was a pain to walk there because of all the construction going on for the new addition to the convention center where the RCA Dome had been.

To get to Lucas Oil Stadium you had to cross the street on the side of the convention center (and be on the oposite side of the stadium), then cross the street again to get to the stadium, so it was a little inconvenient, but I'm sure next year will be better concerning that.

Re: FDIC 2009

Just returned from FDIC yesterday (4-30) via several stops. I agree with Jeff regarding attendance. On saturday they announced a registration of 27,000+, but did not say it was a record. All the exhibitors I spoke with couldn't figure where all the 27K folks were, we sure did not see them at our area in the old building. Friday foot traffic wasn't bad, but thursday & saturday were the worst I've seen. I understand that in 2011 when the exhibit hall is completed between the original halls & the "Oil Dome" that a lot of the apparatus in the dome may move next door to the new exhibit hall which will have a much higher ceiling than the current hall. There will also be a tunnel constructed between the new hall & the Lucas stadium building. Shud make travel between all 3 much easier. Other than the diecast @ Pierce & Seagrave, didn't see any others.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)