Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C3 #12778

Has anyone on this board purchased the Palm Beach Gardens quantum engine?

I have been a big fan of the PBG fire dept but there is a problem with the pictures of this truck on the C3 web site - the color is way off.

Although the markings are dead-on-balls accurate, the lime color is way off base. The PBG trucks are unique in their robust lime color, not the bland yellowish limey color that is depicted on the C3 web site. Can anyone who has this model tell me if the actual model has the correct lime color?

For reference see:

The actual truck-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV6Qmd9BpsI

A better color view-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nbXXtiTiu8

Thanks

Re: C3 #12778

Jeff, I've lived right next door to PBG for years and think the color of the model is pretty accurate. I didn't have any complaints with mine anyway. Mark

I've got one, and as far as I can tell from comparing it to multiple photos the color is "dead-nuts" on.

The equipment in the large station on Military Trail matches the C3 color. They even got the ladder on the correct (drivers) side. I'm sorry I didn't purchase one.

Well thank you all for your replies.

Funny thing about laptop computer screens...tilt them up and you get one color, tilt them down and you get another.

Mark Carr - Did you move to Blairsville, GA??? What town is that in??? (hehehe). I had talked with Paul Tate a couple of years ago about moving out of this hell-hole called South Florida and relocating to the Peachtree City area, but circumstances have kept me trapped here. Let me know. I included my email on this post.

Yeah Jeff! Waiting for you to move up here to Peachtree City.....Still making payments on that golf course house you had me buy for you.....Paul T.

Paul & Jeff,
I moved from the ATL. Got a better offer over in Augusta. Working for a contractor as Fire Protection Engineer at he DOE Savannah River Site. Make a lot more than I did at DeKalb and not near the stress. DoE doesn't have to worry about the real esate market and tax base. Do miss P'Tree City and Fayetteville though, but not the ATL traffic. If you ever get over this way give me a holler.

Jeff, I sent you an e-mail. But, I think they take longer to get to you because these computer lines aren't quite developed in this neck of the woods.

Sorry Paul Talbott, I had my Pauls mixed up. Please continue paying for my golf course home. I appreciate it! I'll get there someday...

Mark, thanks for the email. I am amazed they even have computers in Blairsville.

Jeff, I imported mine from the "F" state.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)