Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 Gettysburg

Other than the roto-ray being black, the two lengths of suction hose in diamond plate trays missing and the black panel on the fire body (driver side where the hard suction would be) which is supposed to be stainless, are there any thoughts on the recent release from Code 3 ?

Re: Code 3 Gettysburg

I don't think it's half bad, in fact I like it, but it's too much money for a non-club member person.

What surprises me is that C3 has released a model so soon after the last. If this keeps up then what ever will John Dunkel do for a living?

The way I see it, every new release is just another nail in Code 3's coffin. The cost of producing models that aren't selling and just taking up warehouse space must be sucking Code 3's finances dry. While Gettysburg may see moderate success, nothing else aside from Squad 61 and Fairfax in the last 3 years or so can even be seen as a moderate success.

Code 3's warehouse must be stacked to the brim by now after all of these failures. I think it's time for drastic measures other than member only sales with moderate discounts. With KB gone, I don't know what their other options would be besides Big Lots and other regional discounters.

Believe me I want to see C3 succeed, but it's really going to take a "WOW" to make that happen after their customer base has disintegrated over the last 3 or 4 years. While the Sutphen is one of their better molds in my opinion, and it has a fairly interesting color scheme and is from a place people have heard of, I don't see it selling out, particularly if the flaws that have been pointed aren't corrected in the finished product.

Gettysburgh ROCKS. Am I getting it you betcha! Best model so far this year.

Nice piece, But if they sell 400 and I'm going high on that, what happens to 1100 that don't Sell.
Another fire sale later this year?

I have one and it is a must have.

I can't see that mine has shipped. Anyone elso show that their Gettysburg has shipped?

John, How did you get your Gettysburg before everyone else?

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)