Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deleted Thread

Having received some complaints about a recent thread, I have deleted same. I apologize for not monitoring more closely. See next post.

Re: Deleted Thread

I guess deleting that particular thread was the best decision overall, but I can't help having some reservations about its deletion.

There has always been something of an "Us vs. Them" element between this board and FE.net. These are two different boards, with somewhat different member profiles. While I don't think that coming on here and trashing the other board was useful, some of these guys have been around since the dawn of this hobby and I am interested in what a couple of them had to say.

What disturbs me is that "someone" complained; and the thread was removed. That sounds very familiar, but I guess it's just a coincidence.

Nonetheless, I'm glad that this particular board doesn't have a "House-Toy Brand" or an "All American Fire Department" that some evildoers might be less than thrilled with. I don't like seeing hobby related threads get deleted, but if they get personal that's entirely different.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)