Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Board Ownership Change, New Administrator Needed

Sounds great, thanks to Jeff Webster for stepping up and keeping ATEV going... Jeff @ www.policecarmodels.com

Thanks to both Jeff's for "stepping up", I've enjoyed this web site since the beginning, now the tradition will continue...

Thanks guys for keeping the board going, I too have been a reader etc since the days the board started and although I am 12000 miles from you guys the efforts of a few guys keep this hobby of collecting enjoyable.

Bruce
New Zealand

Mike....

Great job maintaining the best Board out there!! It was a job well done. Thanks for holding the torch.

Jeff,

I've corresponded with you both on and offline as well as on MCCH. It's always been a pleasure. I know you'll be a great administrator.

Thanks Mike, for all of your efforts and the great job you've done here.

Thanks also to Jeff & Jeff for stepping up to the plate.

Mike

thank you for all the work the last years.

If money is needed to renew, let me know

let me know where to send $$$ donation.....

ATEV Commemorative Model

With Jeff Webster taking over duties for ATEV, will we see a Commemorative Model? Just asking, as I have one of the altered Code 3 Washington DC Spring Fling 2000 Suburbans. That Suburban is still one of my favorites, and sits proudly in the center of my converted/kitbash display cases.

Model does not have to be fancy, and it may be a good way to generate funds for the board.

Thanks to Mike for his efforts while moderating this site. Been some ups and downs but he handled things with finesse. Just glad someone could step up and take over and feel Jeff will do just as good a job. If funds are needed to pay fees am willing to donate. Just drop me an email with snail mail address.

As for Boards not having commercial connections, I note that Firengines.net has a direct connection to TWH

So? What if that board is commercial. And so what if it loves all things XXXX, whether they are good, bad, or ugly. Want to bet the ebay mill gets cranked up again real soon? A new generation of collectors is coming up, and new decals are now available from "overseas," you know. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Different strokes for different folks....so on and so on and scobby dooby doo.....

BTW, I am also on board for a donation when it's needed.

I think what John Antonelli was implying (I'm not trying to put words into anyone's mouth), but an endorsed Board or a Board where there is a corporate link tends to sway the discussions. No negativity can be discussed relative to said companies or it's deleted. Only praise and glory. It makes for a biased--useless Board.

On this Board, I've never worried about that--I've praised Code 3, Road Champs, First Response, Gearbox, etc....AND I've bashed Code 3, Road Champs, First Response, Gearbox. For certain models or customer service issues or whatever, if the shoe fits, wear it.

99.5% of us post with the intent of trying to be the informed collector and base our posts on our first hand experience. Indeed, different strokes for different folks, but that doesn't mean you censor or delete a post because it conflicts with a moderators interest. If that's the case, call it the TWH Board, or Code 3 Board or whatever.

THIS Board has been about the collector and was created by the collectors--not the manufacturers for the purpose of propaganda!

It's refreshing to be able to speak your mind and know that other people will be able to read your post (personal attacks aside--that's never acceptable on any Board).

Agreed. I don't know about hoo-hah in question, and I don't know why Lime Guy got ejected, but I have seen more than enough Code-3 bashing on that other board, and took a few civilized shots at Code 3 myself.

First of all, I want to say that you have done a fine job as Administrator Mike. At times you have expressed concern over things you had to do, but I feel you had no choice and commend you.

For quite some time, I have frequented this board as well as three others. I try to avoid playing the "My place is better than yours" because I feel each board has its own contributions, provides a good deal of information, and serves the needs of their respective membership.

I do not see favoratism on that "other board" to the degree expressed here by some. I admit that I have been an "overzealous" detractor of Code-3 on "that board" while others have been just the opposite. My bitterness toward Code-3 is due to numerous issues that I have butted heads with them and as one forum member over there reminded me... Perhaps it is time to let things go. So I'm going to work on that.

As for the current implication by John that "the other board" is in some way controlled by TWH is pure balderdash. Simply put, TWH is the new kid on the block who is putting out a far better product (albeit at a high price) and is willing to talk to its collectors unlike a certain other manufacturer. This is something even John has to admit. And by the way, it isn't all wine & roses for TWH on that "other board" either.

My point is, I rarely, if ever, hear of this forum being mentioned on that "other board" yet I frequently hear "that other board" being mentioned here in a less than favorable light. This is simply petty, especially when both provide such a good source of information to the collector.

Finally, my intent is not to "slam" this forum or anyone connected to it. I appologize in advance if I have done so. I know I mentioned John specifically. I've always liked John's contributions and sympathize with his cause. However, as I am slowly starting to realize, I have been boiling over for my "cause" and for what?? To have a stroke?? For something in the past that I can do absolutely nothing about?? Keep up the great contributions John, but perhaps it is time to let it go...

You know, it just hit me. John MAY be doing the same thing here that he accuses the people over at the other board of doing. He pushes the Code 3 agenda here and, since no one has a Gettysburg yet and he does (another thread), he receives models for doing so. Another guess would be he is working with Code 3 and does not want to bite that hand that feeds him.

If this is true, I say more power to him! It could be a great gig if can get it. I think any company needs input from the collector to make a better product.

Now a very simple question to John that should require a yes or no answer:

John, do you have any direct connection with Code 3 where you receive model(s) for task(s) you may do for them?

Again, this is only a wild guess but we will see.

I GOT MY GETTYSBURG 2 WEEKS AGO...BEFOR HE GOT HIS AND I HAVE NO DEALING WITH CODE3 AND NO WANT TO

I will have to check to see where mine is....

I think John had something to do with one of Code 3's Virginia models (I can't remember which one). If so, I wonder if that relationship with Code 3 is still active. My question to John still stands.

I think John's reference was towards board owners having a biased/non biased opinion with model makers.
John does not own this board, or the other board, so whats your beef???

Let's have John address this question. I am about 100% sure because of his silence, he is receiving models for free.

To answer your question, I understand that John is no longer allowed on the other board. So,this board is the only board where he can post is WOW, another great job JD, JD is action, I love it, Code 3 posts.

Let's have have John address the issue. John, answer the question. I would venture to quess we will not. His silence speaks volumes of his involvement with Code 3.

Again, I have no problem with his involvement. But the man needs to come clean.

HOW ABOUT IT JOHN?

I agree with WHAT, its time to answer up. If you have
a deal with Code 3, good for you, if you don't good for you, but, I believe we ALL need an answer on this.
Ronbo
p.s. Jeff W. PLEASE answer your personal emails??

Not to mention the "FACT" that John talked time after time after time about his "inside information" with TWH, and his repeated posts of how he "just got off the phone with TWH", over on the FE.net forum. When they finally had enough of him posting mis-information, and after asking him to stop numerous times, he has the nerve to come over here and complain about FE.net being close with TWH. Take a look in the mirror there John, that was all you talked about.

Please let's talk fact's FE.net has sold it's soul to whom ever give's them free stuff. TWH, First Response you can't say anything bad about them or your banned from the site. Isn't that right Troy "Guest" 24.161.171.142 from San Diego

This thread started out regarding a new administrator, what has John(the well loved miscreant John) got to do with this topic.

Now I don't mind going off topic a wee bit here and there (have been more than guilty on the odd occasion)but this is ridiculous.

I am sorry that I ever mentioned John in my post. I had no desire for such attacks to follow. I feel that I may have started something unintentionally that has turned into a personal attack on John. For this I am sorry. Let us please drop this topic. My apologies to all.

Ah Troy, did my buddy Rich send you over here to do his dirty work undercover? Not surprising I said it to his face and I will say it here Rich Krom is a coward and a bully and he proves it every day.

Now to answer the question at hand. Unlike FE, this board requires me to remember to check it and I have just not done so. I have been overseas to England and am about to go to Austin TX.

I PAID for my Gettysburgh and am glad I did.

In the past I have done work for Code 3 and for that me and my associates were given a free model. Fairfax, Hamilton Hagerstown as I recall. We want good models we should be willing to do the work. I will help any one and have offered my services to TWH and FRR as well.

I have done no work for TWH or anyone else. After the first batch of strykers came out and OHare was canceled, I gave Larry Lorrance pics of the Dulles Stryker but was told that it could not be done because it was all steer and the mold wasn't, until of course it was. You would think that with TWH doing Leesburg Va, Somerville MA, and 2 from DC that my had was in there as I have connections to all of those but alas it is not true.

The key here is that I don't own a board and I don't ban people or delete posts by people for saying negative things about the people who are feeding me free models. I have also said negative things about C3 and positive things about TWH so I speak my mind.

As for my being banned from FE, that is true. Rich Krom did the honors when I challenged him on whether or not C3 had an exclusion with FDNY and whether that relationship was soon to expire. Rich said he wasn't going through this again and banned me. His board, so he can be arbitrary all he wants. Of course, he never asked my source which would have solved that problem. Remember what I said about Krom being a coward and a bully?

I think what John Antonelli was implying (I'm not trying to put words into anyone's mouth), but an endorsed Board or a Board where there is a corporate link tends to sway the discussions. No negativity can be discussed relative to said companies or it's deleted. Only praise and glory. It makes for a biased--useless Board.

John A has paraphrased my words exactly right

Seems to me that the direction of this thread is heading towards FE.net. Why not continue the discussion over there? I got a free model from Corgi via FE.net for some work I did for them. There, I said it!!!

My GOD, what a liberating feeling to come clean after all these years!!!

ALOT OF YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND GET OUT OF THE SAND BOX.....ENOUGH !!!!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)