Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Board Ownership

As Mike has stated, I have taken over ownership of the Board. I don’t view myself as an owner but a caretaker of this place. I have always liked this place and even after all these years the fact this simple little message board is still running strong says a lot about it.

For those of you that don’t know me here is a little background. I have been around the block. I have been a collector for most of my life. My emergency collection numbers in the thousands with everything ranging from HO scale up through 1/18 scale. I am also an avid modeler working mostly in HO and “Matchbox” or 1/64 scale. But I have previously dabbled in larger scales. I am an EMT and volunteer FF who also enjoys photographing the apparatus. For many years I had a diecast sales business and I was one of the first Code 3 dealers. Many of you are still in my “files” as former customers.

In terms of board management, I have some simple requests
1. No profanity – I want this to be a place that kids can read
2. No personal attacks – If there is something to be said, try and say it polite and as if you were saying it to the person’s face. This doesn’t mean you cannot be critical or object. Just try to keep it civil and on topic.
3. Let’s try to keep the political stuff to a minimum. Some of you hate Shrub while the rest hate Barry. What this has to do with the toys we collect is very little.
4. Try to use your real name and an email address. Especially if you are trying to sell or buy something.
5. Let’s have fun.

As for site funds, Mike will be sending me the balance from the last round of donations. I like Chuck’s idea of perhaps a model to raise the funds. I know we can get a Matchbox style model made. The proceeds could then go to maintaining the board. We will cross this bridge as we get to it.

Thanks
Jeff

Re: Board Ownership

Hi jeff, good to know the board is kept "in the family" so to speak.
Thanks for taking it over.

I like your Idea of a matchbox piece. I would buy a Las Vegas working rigs Quantum Ladder.

You like my idea about a model to raise funds? Okay, what did you do with the real Jeff?

Yea, lets have fun.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)