Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ALF 79

Fisrt of all, I'm no expert. I can't tell ****zu from Sharpei, or a Federal Q from a Q-Tip.

Could someone tell me if C3s ALF 79 has a problem. I saw a photograph of the model advertised, but it appears to me that the black roof paint should extend several inches below the windshield. There is a photograph of this unit on the web (in B/W), and it definately shows black about six inched beneath windshield. Was there a change following an accident, am I looking at a preproduction model photo, or is it an inaccuracy by the manufacturer. I have the previous ALF, and the black paint does drop below windshield.

I don't collect C3 any longer, but would add to my CFD collection if model isn't a goof. Thanks.

Re: ALF 79

Let's face it the Century Cab is all wrong. Should have been retooled.The jump seat windows look terrible.

I can't get by the fact the roof lights are way to close together. You would think that'd be an easy fix. Looks too much like E124 to justify $50 plus S&H..... "Made with limited pictures" Well hell, they made Truck 15 with pictures that ACTUALLY showed the front of the cab and they still went with the same updated (i.e. wrong) headlight configuration that was used on the Backdraft ladder.....

I have a color photo of Engine 79, indicated as a 1977 model ALF. Things I noticed that are different than the model:

1. There should be no wheel flares over the rear duals.

2. As indicated before, roof beacons too close together.

3. The inside front warning light lense (opposite the headlight) on the officer's side should be RED, not green as on the model.

4. The "79" font on the doors is way off. Not quite the right shape to the numbers, and there needs to be more space between the "7" and the "9".

5. Absence of the booster reel, and obviously the poorly executed black-over-red paint scheme.

6. The mars light should be a clear lense with chrome trim... what that black thing is on the model, who knows.

Overall a real disappointment for me. I was looking forward to getting this model, as I pretty much only collect Chicago pieces these days.

Thanks Matt, there are more issues than I thought. I was going to wait until the model appeared on ebay, but I believe I'll pass. Chuck

NOT JUST A REPAINT BUT EVEN WORST A **** POOR RE NUMBER

Matt, Actually the green light is standard on the officer's side. I believe when these were delivered they had red lights and the shops added the green. Many times when the green light burned out the Company was lucky to get a replacement red light if no green were in stock. Most of the time the members purchased the green on there own.

As far as truck 15 goes, it should have been Truck 5 so it would match the Engine 18 where Truck 5 was quartered. maybe an easy fix to remove the 1. Yet another ill advised piece.

Actually it looks pretty good to me. I am not buying it, but it doesn't look bad at all.

FUBAR ala Gettyburg.. nice paint job on the cab (front of the windshield).. lack of attention to detail will ruin an otherwise nice model.

The design of the cab looks bad to me. The top of the windshield looks too squared off. The ALF's had a much rounder top. Also, the jump seats don't flare out enough. The real ones came out several inches. This allowed for the side engine cooling intake vents. C3's look like they're almost flush. Again...C3 ALMOST gets it...but no winner.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)