Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squads / Patrols Coming

A few collectors have combined their talents and are in the first stages of offering 1:64 scale Squads and Patrols. You can view the entire thread and see the photos of this outstanding model by going to:

http://www.modelfiretrucks.net/smf/index.php?topic=10734.0

Re: Squads / Patrols Coming

If you are going to post please post the information and not try and run up hits on your web site.

HEY LARRY GO BACK TO YOUR WEBSITE! GET ANY FREE MODELS FROM TWH OR FIRST RESPONSE LATELY?

And this is how you show both your maturity as well as the quality of "your" site????

Information that you did not have is shared in the interest of collecting and like children you spaz out.??? You are no better than those you criticize. What a shame.

HUH??

One additional note. For those of you interested in 1:64th scale LA County/Ventura County (and more) Rescues and Fire Patrols, the reason for this original posting was to inform everyone that these are going to be made available in both finished and kit form by a group consisting of Jamie ( SSB Resin ) Rich ( InQuarters.com ) and Mike Bober who makes custom fire stations and kitbashed squads/fire patrols/engines... etc....

I know some of you will be vocal against one or more of this trio but try to let it go. Take a moment to review that "link" as there are many photos and the post is quite lengthy...which is why the "link" was given in the first place, not to increase numbers on anyones forum... (Geeze, is the prize for the most "hits" a toaster???)

Just check out the link, if you like 1:64th replicas that Code-3 will not or cannot make then you will be more than pleased. If you aren't interested then just "let it go" and allow others to see without turning it into a nasty-fest.

I second your comments motorcade1. The original post seemed to be nothing more than informational to me. Isn't that what this Forum is about?

test

Very nice-looking models, thanks for the info. I suppose a "patrol" is a mini-pumper or brush truck in LA? (I thought the post referred to police cars until I went to the link ). Would love to get some of these but probably too expensive for me!

I can certainly see how you would get that impression Dick. The same thing happened to me when I stumbled onto a site that showed the photos of the actual vehicles a year or so ago. Yes, they are mini fire engines used to access areas that the regular engines cannot. They are also used to monitor and check areas at risk during the fire seasons.

I will be getting one of the "squad" bodies for a project I have in mind. I bought a "Greenlight" Dodge pickup and plan to use the cab with the squad body to make a "vintage" Squad 51 to go with the "vintage" Engine 51 since Code-3 did not make this squad.

This pickup from Greenlight even has those hood vents that you can see on some of the film footage (from the Emergency TV show) as you look forward through the squad's windshield. That "vintage" squad did not last very long on the show when it was replaced with that newer Dodge with the lightbar that Code-3 did replicate.

I want to do the same thing. What do you plan to use for the vintage siren/light combination that was on the old LA squads?

Hey Mike...

That will require some creative fabricating on my part. That one had the motor type siren with the two red lights (one on each side of the siren) and the one yellow one just behind the siren all mounted (I believe) on a triangle plate.

For now the plan is to fabricate this. The lights will be a breeze, the siren on the other hand will be the big question. I will be searching for an alternative for now. In the end, I may just have to make my own siren and plate it with "Alclad II" chrome laquer paint. I'm not sure what to do otherwise.

Also, I am going on memory regarding the lights/siren set up. I have yet to find any photos of the original. Anyone knows of any photos please let me know... Thanks.

There was a site that had a picture of the old siren/light that LACOFD used, but I can't seem to find it now. I did find a link to the "Emergency!-Behind The Scenes" book that provides a discription of the siren/light. They call it the LACoFD Platter. Here's the link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=cixPyu5pCaUC&pg=RA1-PT1&dq=emergency!+behind+the+scenes#PPA111,M1

Thank you Mike...

Appreciate your help. I do have a photo of that Platter Light, probably the one you are thinking of (and for the life of me I cannot recall where I found it). I have numerous photos I have archived for use as reference for pending projects I wish to do. The photo I have shows the platter base as chrome plated. I don't think the one on the Squad was.

Again... Thanks for your help!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)