Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Non-diecast related but Fire Buff related

Myself and some other Union brothers are going to Baltimore for the Firehouse Expo next month and would like to do some "Fire Buffing" while we are in Charm City. Anyone know where some of the best Balto City Fire stations are to visit for apparatus shots, take in a few working fires, and get some t-shirts, etc. Any POC's, information or direction is greatly appreciated.

Also while we are there we are side tripping to Philly to "buff." Is anyone able to help us with the same request for Philly FD?

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Non-diecast related but Fire Buff related

Hey Josh...

If you have access to the VISITING FIREMAN book, there's a wealth of the exact information in it that you're looking for...

If you don't have a book, you can call the VF people direct (evenings are best) at (262) 763-6253. Price postpaid should be less than twenty bucks.

And tell them that I said Hi!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Hey Josh (Part 2)

Just spoke with Marilyn at Marilyn & Gil's Fire Station in New York...

She has one (and just one left) current VISITING FIREMAN book, still sealed in the plastic wrap, for $14.00 plus shipping.

Marilyn will be home today, and can be reached at (518) 943-4391.

Once you get this book, you'll wonder just how you got along without it!

Hope This Helps...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

The Steadman Station downtown, which is home to Rescue 1 and Engine 23 usually has a big stand set up in the apparatus bays to sell shirts. Also inside the convention center, two retired Balto. City firefighters sell city company t-shirts. They are T & M Apparel. They usually are there all 4 days. You can email me or look me up in the VF. I will put you in touch with the local guys who set up apparatus picture events during that week.

In the past there has been an apparatus shoot of the Baltimore trucks on Friday night at the union house. They also have a great bar-b-que and cheap beer. Sunday for the parade there are also some good spots for photos of the pieces in the parade.

Jeff

As has been stated...Steadman Station downtown is a great plalce to go. They call it the 'Big House'. It covers almost a city block and has several pieces running out of it. Visited it a couple of times when I was stationed in DC...the guys there are great.

larry, thanks for the info. i called last night and have one on order!!!

Glad to help out another Brother in the service, Josh...

I've been listed in the VISITING FIREMAN since 1970, and (back then) that book literally opened up a complete new Fire & Rescue Service world for me...

Use the book well, make new friends, and promote it to others!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

JOSH,

I wud suggest you go to the VF website and check and see about getting your neme on the mailing list for the 2010 issue. They usually send out the forms to be listed in late fall....highly recommended publication.

I was sorry to see that the VF was switching to an every other year publication. I have only been in it since the late 80's but have made many friends through it. I always take mine with me when I travel.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)