Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any word on whether we'll see more FG Clinton, MD replicas?

Sarge619: You are correct. I thought the Hamilton "C" was an open cab. All good lQQking engines!

Steve Hayes
Sarge619: You are correct. I thought the Hamilton "C" was an open cab. All good lQQking engines!

You are so right, Steve! I really love those Ford C/Youngs. The first piece of apparatus I fell in love with was Herndon Co. 4's piece. It was new at the time (it reverted to the County when Co. 4 turned over operations in '77, got repainted in County white/red, then was sold to the Dominican Republic with other surplus County apparatus in the early 80's. It's the only Virginia Ford C/Young open cab currently unaccounted for. I hope it's not rusting in a field in the DR).

My grandfather and two uncles were vollies @ Co. 4. The uncles later went on the become career FF's for the county, now both retired. One of them is the owner of Roto-Ray, having bought the patents many moons ago. He still builds each and every one himself (with occasional help from his brother and son who is a current FFX County Lieutenant).

Sarge619: I believe I have a picture of the Sarah-Zane Fire Company "C" in the '82 Winchester parade. I'll look for it.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)