Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hans Vrijenhoek, 1967-2009

Hans Vrijenhoek, who many of you know simply as "Hans," has passed away at the age of 41 from what appears to be a long illness. I recieved a death notice in the mail yesterday.

Hans was a terrific guy, and a great family man too. I am really saddened by this news. May he rest in peace, and may his family and friends be comforted.

Re: Hans Vrijenhoek, 1967-2009

Steve,
Thanks for the info. Never met Hans but did enjoy his inputs from across the pond. He was a good guy...may he rest in peace.

Here is some of Han's work:

http://fireengines.net/collection/vrijenhoek/index.htm

I'm very sorry to hear about Han's passing. I, too, enjoyed his input, and he will surely be missed here on the board.

Wow - what a shock! I had no idea he was ill and so young. I always enjoyed his posts and thought to myself "what a cool guy - he likes American stuff".

We should not pout, but rather give our thumbs up to a fellow brother of the ATEV Honor ship. May he ride the trucks and climb the ladders with us all.

So, here's to you Hans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5P1M5qwBwo

Amen brothers.... Hans was great collector and person.He is now looking down on us from the heavens..Rest In Peace brother

Sad to hear he died. Condoleances to his loved ones. Allthough we live in the same country, i never met him in person. We had some e-mailtraffic ones in a while about specific US models.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)