Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Identifying this skywalker fire truck

Hi

i was wondering if any one could tell me what manufactor made this truck. it´s the one in the background.

flickr.com/photos/mattman-the-ogre/3691392746

it´s from Skywalker fire department.

If you have any photo of this truck up close/walk around i would be happy if you would upload them .

Thanx

Re: Identifying this skywalker fire truck

Very interesting indeed.

From that angle, it may be a KME.

The cab looks to be a Spartan cab. Also on the lower part of the door is an emblem with Sierra FF. I did a quick Google search and didn't get any apparatus manufacturer hits. Maybe they are a west coast small builder.

Jeff

I agree with Jeff, deinately a Spartan cab/chassis. The raised roof extends over a portion of the driver/officer seating area. Pierce/KME/E-One/etc. raised roofs do not extend that far forward.

Paul Talbott
I agree with Jeff, definitely a Spartan cab/chassis. The raised roof extends over a portion of the driver/officer seating area. Pierce/KME/E-One/etc. raised roofs do not extend that far forward.

OOPS.... sorry.... No raised roofs here(in the city anyway) to compare to.(they wouldn't fit in most of our houses) That, & we haven't had any Spartans since the mid 80s.

It is a spartan sierra cab. Basically a gladiator used for urban interface. The pumper itself is mfg by Hi tech fire apparatus out of Oakdale calif.

Here's their web site:

http://www.hitechevs.com/about.htm

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)