Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photos needed

Wanted any photos of City Of Pittsburgh ALF 900 series tillers or as us old folks call them Hook and Ladders
I plan on doing a Code 3 ALF tiller if it ever shows up

Re: Photos needed

There are fotos of PBF 900 series tillers in 2 different books. "Pittsburgh Professional Firefighters - 100 Anniversary 1870-1970". Pages 43, 55 & 113, both showing the rigs part way out of the station door. Also shown on page 103 is PBF 800 series TDA. Basically, all you see is the tractor.
These are red open cab models.

"We Have a Box Working, the PFD" by the late John Schmidt shows a 3/4 left front color foto of a 900 series TDA, Truck Co. 1. The tractor cab is now enclosed and the entire unit painted yellow with a black top on the cab, colors of the Steelers football team. There is also a color shot of an 800 series TDA, Truck Co. 46 on page 132.

Hope this is some help. You might also want to check the Youngstown fire site for further fotos.

Thanks I have Schmidts book and if I can remember where I put it I will look at it

Don't feel bad, it took me 20 minutes to find John's book, and it was with the rest of my FD histories!

I would love to see some classic rigs done from the great city of Pittsburgh. I would also love to see some modern rigs done. I think that it would be great if we could get a classic black and gold rig done by Code3 at some point and time.

John

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)