Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Open House - Past Time Hobbies - Brookfield, Illinois

As they say out here in North Dakota, 'If The Weather Is Good And The Creek Don't Rise', Robyn and I expect to be at Past Time Hobbies in Brookfield, Illinois, on Saturday, October 3rd, 2009, as part of their Annual Code 3 Day & Open House...

For some time now, numerous readers of my monthly 'Little Engine House Column' in the TOY TRUCKER Magazine have wondered what my own collection looks like after collecting for a lifetime and writing my column for the past 20+ years...

Well, I'm packing up some of my best Code 3 1/64th scale kitbashes done up by the best in the business and bringing them along with me...

These will include Code 3 conversion NYPD models (including an ESU Aerialscope) by Mike Adams and Military versions of numerous Code 3 models by Mike Gilbert, as well as the new Chicago ALF Haz-Mat Unit and Boston's new Quantum Heavy Rescue. I'll also bring along some of my own FDNY kitbashes, including the Super Pumper System and how it would look with today's current FDNY graphics.

Going to attend? Give me a call in my office...(701) 251-9112, or we'll just see you there!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Re: Open House - Past Time Hobbies - Brookfield, Illinois

Boy oh boy, here come dat hot vind a-blowin' hard across dem plains, by-golly, yep!

Re: Open House - Past Time Hobbies - Brookfield, Illinois

Have fun I wish I could attend. Tell Mike Adams a big hello!!! That I still have his heavy rescue on hand that he delivered to me at Denver at Mizzel Hobbies.I would like to get back into contact with him. thanks a bunch a thanks for your work. Richard in Denver richarddenv@aol.com also Bill has my contact info.

Mizzel

I can't believe Mizzel Hobbies is still in business. Is it still north of the little park, or have they moved? Those cops around there would write you a parking ticket at the drop of a hat. I would park a half mile away and walk. I was desperate when I lived in Boulder (oil business had tanked), so I sold my extensive Lionel set to old man Mizzel. He had a good selection (not as extensive as Caboose, and I had switched to N guage), but a lot of stuff. I'd have to say the last time I was at their store was in 1985. Glad to hear that they are still in operation.

Re: Mizzel

Richard in Denver...

Just talked with Mike Adams...

He will be getting back to you shortly!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Richard - Sent you an email. Great to hear from you!
Mizell Trains is still around in Westminster, CO., in NW Denver, right off the boulder-Denver Turnpike (US 36?). I try to visit there whenever I'm in Boulder. I'm not a train person but it's a ton of fun just to look at all the Lionel trains and accessories there.

Mikey

Larry thank you. Hope to meet you in person one of these days. I have been collecting for almost 25 years and enjoy your input on toytrucker.

Small world Im in Sarasota Fl right now closing down a business and hope to be back in Denver soon. I like all the info you also provide in this hobby.

Pastime hobby show.

I saw the code 3 models tht will be on display Saturday, WOW, If you like code 3 or FDNY you have to go see those.

Re: Pastime hobby show.

Can you tell me whats new about the NY trucks love NY trucks. Thanks buddy.

Re: Pastime hobby show.

Richard Jarosz
Can you tell me whats new about the NY trucks love NY trucks. Thanks buddy.

See first post in this thread.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)