Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANOTHER Matchbox Pierce Quantum Rear Mount!!!!

Just got back from the local Wal-Mart and found the third version of the Matchbox 'Real Working Rigs' Pierce Quantum Rear-Mount Aerial Ladder...

This version is all white with a red stripe running lenghwise along the body; silver/grey roll-up compartment doors; lettered for Metropoltan City Fire Department...

Just found one; I believe there is just one to a case (of eight).

Happy Hunting!

Larry Phillips
Toy Trucker Magazine

Re: ANOTHER Matchbox Pierce Quantum Rear Mount!!!!

I found one too At my local Wal-Mart. I also found a baby blue flatbed tow also from the same series.

I found one of the Pierce rigs in white also at local Wal Mart. Also got a dozer in the working rig
series. Dozer has large front blade with three prong ripper at back. Not lettered CAT for obvious reasons but is MBX Bulldozer CL7000. This is first time find on the dozer for m

Don,

Buy the Super Convoy cable truck....you can remove the spools and the cable cradle and it makes a perfect low-boy for transporting the Dozer. They were made for each other!

Haven't found the new Pierce Working Rigs rear mount (Wallmart toy stock is dismal in my area) but I did find a couple of new regular matchbox at Target. An orange and white "Primary Response" E-350 ambulance along with the red ones and a new yellow and black Engine #698 City Fire Department ladder truck.

Is the all red with white striped engine 47 "San Diego" the same all red Pierce Dash pumper that has been out or is this another new one? I didn't end up with any of the last all red ones that came out.

Ken,

The all red San Diego Pierce E47 is this year's. Last year it was an all red, white roof E31 for El Segundo.

Pick up this year's (they seem to be plentiful where I'm at). It's a nice compliment to the RWR Ladder--also lettered #47 for San Diego.....

John A thanks for the info on the cable rig. Picked one up and with a little modification it'll become a dozer transport.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)