Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
first gear ambulance

Just got my FG newsletter and saw the Mt Horeb ambulance. Looks great, only 1 problem. When I called to order 1 from them, found out that it is a fundraiser for a new ambulance, that the only way to get 1 was a $260.00 donation to the ambulance fund. While I can understand the fundraising aspect of the, I can't understand the pricing. 480 pieces made. Good Luck trying to sell them all @ 260.00. If any one hears of them retailing out a reasonable price. Please send e-mail.

Re: first gear ambulance

Reminds me somewhat of the Clinton,MD, Kenworth tanker/pumper that sold for $80 as a fundraiser. In that case it probably was worth about that much, as it was a very detailed, accurate model of a unique piece of apparatus. However, that model was released several years ago and they're still trying to sell them, and they never made any other models (that I know of) as they said they intended to do. I suspect that the department doesn't expect collectors to buy this ambulance for $260, it's a reward for people who would donate that much to the fire department anyway, model or no model. If not, they seriously overestimated the demand - kind of like Code 3 and the Super Pumper set.

That is a good point Dick. If it were my fire department, I would give a little more to get the piece.

Jeff

If it's a donation to the FD or Ambulance squad, it might be tax deductible. Check with your tax professional.

http://fireengines.net/mthoreb/index.htm

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)