Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CONDITION OF MARILYN PELOKE

FOR THOSE WHO KNOW MARILYN OF MARILYN & GILS FIRE STATION,AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CALL HER.I CALLED THE NEW YORK STATE POLICE TO TRY AND FIND OUT HER STATUS.HE CALLED ME BACK AND SAID SHE IS OKAY ,AND IS BEING TREATED FOR ALZHEIMERS,THAT IS THE REASON FOR HER PHONE BEING TURNED OFF.MARILYN IS A GREAT PERSON AS YOU WHO HAVE DEALT WITH HER KNOW.PLEASE REMEMBER HER IN YOUR PRAYERS

Re: CONDITION OF MARILYN PELOKE

Rich,
Thanks for the info.Marilyn is an GREAT person!!
Glad to see someone go the extra step for concern!!

Rich,

Thanks for the update. Both good and bad news in one. It is a shame it happened to such a nice person. This is will be a loss to the collecting community.

Jeff

One of the nicest person`s I have ever met.It is a shame that she has this condition, she will be in my prayers.

Rich: Thanks for the update. I have passed this info along to all her friends in Md. and D.C. She and Gil were one of the first "FIRE TOY" dealers. She will be missed at the shows!

sweet lady one of the last icons in the hobby.

Marilyn is a great person. For those of you that didn't have the pleasure of knowing Gil, he was too. Marilyn and Gil always looked out for their customers and were a pleasure to deal with.

When Gil passed away, I devoted an entire column to the subject of Marilyn & Gil's Fire Station...who they were, how they got started, and the impact those two people made on our hobby at that time.

Since then, our hobby has grown, and Marilyn's decision to contunie the business after Gil's death had her still growing along with both old and new collectors as well as the hobby.

Many times Marilyn would alude to the fact that it was her extremely loyal customers...literally, those closest to her...that kept her going day after day, in spite of the fact that the packages going out from her home and garage kept getting bigger and bigger...but kept up she did and that became an inspiration to all of us...

At shows, regardless of the location, Marilyn's booth was real easy to spot. People stood at least five deep from table to table...and she knew just about each and every one by name as well.

Needless to say, our hopes and prayers are with her at this time in her life, but the memories of this one grand lady will live on forever.

Larry & Robyn Phillips
Toy Trucker Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)