Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchbox Pierce Aerial

I found the third Matchbox Quantum aerial (white with red stripe) at a Walmart in Plymouth, MA. There was one left and they had just been put out on Tuesday.

Re: Matchbox Pierce Aerial

I think this one looks the best yet even though it's a fictional department. The difference in color between the plastic body and metal cab is much less obvious than with the last two releases.

Can't wait to see the Pierce Velocity tower ladder and Colet Jaguar next year.

Besides starting to show up at the 'Big Box' stores, these are also starting to show up at Lowe's Stores across the country as part of their Christmas toy line-up. While Lowe's doesn't carry the regular $1.00 Matchbox line, they are carrying the Mega-Rig line as well as assorted Matchbox 2-Packs and 5-Packs.

There is also a new (to me) 2-pack of the current Matchbox Rear-Mount and a Floodlight Trailer that I recently found in a Shopko Store. Again, these are in Lowe's Stores as well.

These will be illustrated in my December column.

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Checked a couple Lowes in my area and didn't see any toys. May they are still to come.

matchbox is going make the pierce velocity tower ladder and colet jaguar next year seriously well i didn't know that

Yes MB will have the Velocity tower and a Colet. I expect the Velocity to be very similar to the Quantum. The Colet is supposedly the 6 wheel version.

Jeff

I read on the Matchbox Community Hall website that they're also coming out with an Impel aerial, along with the Velocity platform.

Checked toy section at local WalMart today and found they had just stocked the MB working rigs and I got 3 of the white aerials. Not much in the 1 - 100 line but it was low so they may be holding back trying to get "rid" of what is on shelf. Am going to check another nearby WalMart tomorrow.

Read on the Matchbox forum that the Impel has been canceled and will be replaced with a CXT brush truck. Also, they added a Haz Mat truck...

Have not been able to find the White ladder nor the black over red Pierce in any Philly store that I have been in...

Brian

Which line is the black over red Pierce in? The Working Rigs or the regular Matchbox lineup? The latest one I have seen is the all red marked as Engine 47. In the regular matchbox line I've only found one of the '66 Caddy ambulances. This seems to be a hard one to find.

The '66 Caddy ambo's are reportedly one per case. You have to be there almost right when they open a new case, and even then that is no guarantee that some scalper hasn't already paid a stock person on the side to pull it out of the case for them. This will be one of the models that I'll pick up a year or two down the road, as I refuse to pay the inflated price for these on ebay. I saw one the other day that went for like $45.

Ken
Which line is the black over red Pierce in? The Working Rigs or the regular Matchbox lineup? The latest one I have seen is the all red marked as Engine 47. In the regular matchbox line I've only found one of the '66 Caddy ambulances. This seems to be a hard one to find.

The Black over Red Matchbox is in The SUPERFAST series and comes with a box below the Piece all on 1 card.
The Cadillac Ambo is a 1963!

Thanks Don!

Didn't know I should be looking for a super fast version.

Picked up one of the M-Box Caddie ambulances the other day at a local Wal Mart along with 2 of the new color Pierce aerials. It appeared that the store had just put up a box of M-Box stuff.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)