Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 is singing the Big Apple song again

More FDNY from you know who.....

Re: Code 3 is singing the Big Apple song again

Either you like it or you don't. I personally will pass.

I'll pass to. I've just lost interest in Code-3

Dont get me wrong, I'm not putting down FDNY at all but why FDNY truck after FDNY truck...Just not really all that interested anymore

The only people excited over it are the FDNY foamers, who believe that the FDNY is the ONLY fire department worth modeling.

No disrespect for the FDNY, but come on! Dunk's looking to only appease the FDNY'ers, as usual.

Yep...pass!

I had heard some time ago C3 had a "good" licensing agreement with FDNY.I guess that plus the repaints makes it easy for them to produce FDNY models.

Don - you "just" lost interest in Code 3? You held out longer than most... LOL

Seriously, I hope JDunk's right about next year but I won't be holding my breath after the parade of FDNY trucks.

Code 3 is singing the Repaint song again

Why pay $60 ($70+ with shipping) for a new FDNY, when you can pick up a past model on ebay for $25, then use $0.10 of NANPR and redecal from a sheet that costs around ten bucks? Plus quality control has really gone down hill the last few years.

So why buy a repainted FDNY (and take a chance on a poor QC model from their Red China factory), when you can redecal for a couple of bucks, and twenty minutes work?

Re: Code 3 is singing the Repaint song again

If you go to the other site.
If you get some news on future releases of C3 TWH etc... you post it. Larry will delete it and warm you that's privilage information.

Steve Hayes (firedog)

I had heard some time ago C3 had a "good" licensing agreement with FDNY.I guess that plus the repaints makes it easy for them to produce FDNY models.

That is the most logical explanation and it makes sense as well.

I also agree it is better to buy a previously released replica... the bonus being the quality is better than what they are putting out now.

Point well made regarding re-decaling for what you want. This new stuff just isn't cutting the mustard. ...and that is really a shame.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)