Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1/43 Models

I don't usually work with 1/43 police models. But I have some Christmas items i need to get done for friends. So I need some help.

Did Gearbox (or anyone else) make blank white models of:
Ford Expedition
Chevy Impala
If so does anyone have extras or know a source other than ebay.

Thanks
Jeff

Re: 1/43 Models

Jeff,
I believe Welly did some.

Re: 1/43 Models

GEARBOX offered both the Ford Explorer/Expidition and the Chevy Impala as white blanks, with a set of six lightbars. Both models came with roof holes. If you check ebay, there is a chance that you'll find both. But expect a price war up in the $30s on each.

The Impala is a 300% improvement on the Roadchamp model. The Exp/Exp is a great model. If you plan to repaint, the only difficulty is prying the plastic inner door panel off without breaking the sideview mirror. These were made from the GB blanks.

1A. CAPITAL POLICE IMPALA

Photobucket

If you can't find the blank Impala, purchase one of the Cape Kennedy versions, and remove the tampos with Non Acetone Nail Polish Remover.

First Response is comming out with a newer version of the Impala, but not until late next year.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)