Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: what about alaska??????????

Mrs Palin (if that is your real name),

FR is a business. As such their first and really only purpose is to make profits. A company without profits is not a company. It may not even be a hobby.

I am sure if Mr Deal, thought he could sell those Plain Jane Maine models they would make them.

I think that many of us "collectors" forget what is a past time for us is a livelihood for others. Be they FR, Code 3, Police Car Models etc, their main purpose is to make money. Yes the almighty bottom line rules. You may not like us capitalistic pigs but we do rule the business world.

Your benevolent dictator
Jeff

People would like to see other cars and not the same thing all the time

What you will be seeing....................

Obama, if thats your real name, all you will be seeing is the backseat of Charger when we arrest you for all the crimes you have commited.
Your not a collector, your only on here looking for trouble.

I chuckle everytime I read replies such as this. You have totally misinterpreted what I indicated. First of all get your facts straight, I was a trooper in Maryland, not Maine. However, Maine,which borders New Hampshire, not only Canada is a wonderful state with alot to offer, I summer in my home there.

Secondly, cars from states with smaller markets have been done, i.e. Wyoming and the planned Montana car with other ones done or planned. The intent as has always been to do as many states as possible from the Charger and fill in with the Crown Vic. May I remind you that we're still introducing cars and states such as Alaska, Maine, Missouri, New Mexico just to name a few remain to be done.

The fact is these will be phased in but at a pace that doesn't place too much product on the market at one time.

If you were involved in this business you too would be making things that sell. We sell out of every CHP versions we make and it's one of the most often requested departments with the CHP Academy Store a constant customer. There is a reality to business you may not understand, businesses have to turn a profit and in order to do that they need to offer items that sell. We do that. And that we're successful I know irritates the heck out of you.

Re: What you will be seeing....................

Washington DC PD
Obama, if thats your real name, all you will be seeing is the backseat of Charger when we arrest you for all the crimes you have commited.
Your not a collector, your only on here looking for trouble.

Again another nut job, enjoy the proxy server you used. Mr Diecast Truckstop

Mr. Webster has made a very valid point.

No matter how much someone begrudges us for making a profit the fact remains they must be made. Then, at some point the profits from those projects allow us to introduce newer models, i.e. Tahoe, Impala, Caprice PPV and the new Ford at a later date.

Alot of collectors and dealers have different expectations about what should be made, when, how much it should cost and the list goes on. But, the bottom line is I have to look at what is necessary to keep this going and thus far, the formula has worked.

Every state will be made from either a Charger or Crown Vic. But it takes time.It wouldn't be fair to introduce too much product in the market at one time, especially in this economy.

I find that the core of complaints come from a very small cadre of unhappy people that would complain anyway because that what's gives them satisfaction. I am neither guided or affected by this group but rather the collectors who enjoy collecting and aren't pre-disposed to lashing out just to be happy.

Most of the collectors I've come in contact with are super nice people who are a pleasure to communicate with. My postings aren't intended to be controversial but try to indicate the business reality of this business. Whether or not you agree is your option.

One last thing, I don't hesitate to place my full name in these postings, if I say something I have no need to hide.

Are all of the Magnums including the blanks limited in there run?

Obama
Are all of the Magnums including the blanks limited in there run?

Nothing has an infinite life cycle no matter how popular. For the Magnums as I've mentioned elsewhere, there are only 12,000 pieces total that will ever be made.Therefore, it is extremely doubtful that any finished versions would ever be rerun. The Border Patrol, always a good seller is about sold out.

Recently, I made sure to order some blank silver ones because of customer requests(I do listen and help when possible) and am holding back a small quantity for reorders on some solid color blanks but when there're gone that's it.

Thank you, I will make sure I stock up on the blank Magnums.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)