Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Board Rules and Etiquette

Once again this site has deteriorated into areas not related to the task at hand: Emergency Vehicle models and similar hobbies.

While the constitution does require the government to allow freedom of speech, I do have the right and the obligation to temper that speech here.

I am asking nicely that all of you please keep it polite here. Please refrain from political speech and ideologies. Please keep debates civil. Remember that what you post here could hold you libel. But more importantly it could hold me in the same light. And that my “friends” will not happen. This board has always had a freedom others lacked. But lately the posts have become mean spirited, antagonistic and honestly irritating. The rules will come because some can’t play nice with others. Please do not force my hand. I do not want to have to police the board. I want to have fun with my hobbies.

So if the board continues down the road it has gone the last several days, I will begin to implement more rules and restrictions. Since I don’t want to work at this board, I am sure they will be heavy handed to limit my workload.

Here are the general rules:
1. Keep the posts about model emergency vehicles etc.
2. Keep it nice. Say it as you were speaking to your elderly grand mother. I assume all of you are intelligent enough to get your name across without resorting to name calling and mud slinging.
3. If you are bringing info from an outside source, make sure it isn’t copyrighted etc.

Another couple things:
Is it really too hard to post your real name and sign your posts? I understand posting the email address here can get you some spam.
None of us will ever get all the models we want and fewer of us can afford them all any ways.
Prices go up. Deal with it. It is called inflation. It is the value that is more important.
Code 3 will continue to make FDNY as sure as the sun will rise in the east.
Models will have errors. I have yet to see a perfect model.
Have fun.
Have some more fun.

Have a nice day.

Jeff

Re: Board Rules and Etiquette

I have read the post and will abide.

Jeff,

I would be nice if you would delete the posts being made by this Obama.
This is not his valid name and I am tired of my business being misrepresented by his lies.
He may hide behind proxy servers and false names, but the board management is responsible for the content.

It would do all honest collectors a favor if his IP was blocked.

Everyone on here knows he is not Obama or any of the other various names he's using to create war with other collectors and businesses.

The valid dealers are not afraid to leave their name and email for others to see.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black! You throw up trash for obamacrimes and you are complain what a joke

Thank you Jeff!

At this time I am not going to delete posts. There has been enough mud slinging to go around. It goes both ways. If I decide to do a board cleaning it will be significant.

When it comes to political views you can be sure here in America that at least 50% of the people differ with you some way. There are 2 topics that generally get people wound up and they are politics and religion. Well 3 if you count Code 3 repaints.

Everyone dust themselves off, go home and have a time out to think about what you have done. If I need to take action again it will be a time out for everyone.

Have fun and be nice.

Jeff

Good job Jeff. Im glad you stand strong an I like that.We are all grown adults an love the hobby. I still have the code 3 membership trucks I bought from you. Thanks Buddy.Richard in Denver

I must say, it is good to see some common sense being brought forth.

In the mean time, take two aspirins and call someone else in the morning...

Motorcade1
I must say, it is good to see some common sense being brought forth.

In the mean time, take two aspirins and call someone else in the morning...

Common sense. Whats that ? I thought that does not exist anymore.

TOUCHE' Knockers... TOUCHE'

Will you tell lime guy to get a grip on it and stop harassing Larry because he was kicked off there. A lot of people on here are tired of it.

Like you Tim when you were kicked off for no good reason but it was Rich's time of the month? Or was it your time of the month??

I got kicked off because I was selling my squad 61 DP. For two weeks no replies so I said I guess you guys would rather have the cheap Chinese factory error junkers instead of a genuine code 3

and I think you were treated unfairly. That is a pretty silly reason to ban someone.

I don't care anymore. There are other ways of getting news.

Let there be peace on Earth...God Dammit...

Cut the crap already. Geeze!

I like fire trucks and 4,6,8 wheel rescue vehicles. I enjoy my collection and am always looking to see what's new.

How about you?

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)