Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 Blank

Code 3 announced today that the first model of the year is an un-marked Mack CF scope. It is in white over red. I think this is a good start for the customizers.

For me I would have preferred the model be released:
1. in white with no markings - this makes it easier to paint. As it is I still have to strip the model and repaint it to make the 2 I want to do.
2. disassembled or at least with the do dads not attached. See # 1 for why.
3. some extra parts to accessorize it as we would like. You know like different lights, tools, etc.

I view this like the level 1 model kits for kids. Just add decals and get a shelf sitter. For the average or advanced model, this really isn't any different than starting with a regular issue.

But as I said it is a start. Thanks for taking the step.

Re: Code 3 Blank

Jeff,

For a novice like myself, it's a good start, as that color scheme is identical to the model I want to replicate. So no repainting. But the lights are wrong. I need a Code 3 bar similar to the one on Bayonne. I agree an accessory pack would be nice. One thing....no price listed. I'm guessing it's going be $65-75 consistent with the price of Scopes....plus shipping. That's a bit much to start a kitbash.

Nonetheless, you can't say it's a repaint--well not until someone like you paints it all white!!

It is a good start.

FYI... Past Time Hobbies has it listed for $60.00

http://www.pthinc.com/383/5948/CODE-3/2009-RELEASES/MACK-CF-AERIALSCOPE-NO-MARKINGS-

Interesting as that pic shows it with a different light bar than the one on the C3 site. I hope the lightbar is the one pictured on the PTH site as I could work better w/that one

And in the workshop first (cast?) picture of Marauder II under review FDNY

CODE 3 MEMBERS PRICE IS 59.99

For me it's alittle too late, I'm not supporting Code-3 anymore.

RICK
CODE 3 MEMBERS PRICE IS 59.99

Same as it was back in June 2003 when Bayonne was released, and same as it was for the Coaldale and 2 FDNY versions. No price increase in nearly 7 years, even though its undecorated, isn't a bad thing to me.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)