Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2nd Annual FireEngines.net Model Show and CT Fire Photographers Photo Night

Some of you may remember a model club called the Southern New England Miniature Fire Apparatus Collectors Association ("SNEMFACA") that was based out of RI and was active until the late 90s. SNEMFACA used to hold an annual "mini-muster" at the Greenwood Fire Museum in Warwick, RI each spring. In the last few years of the group's existance, a fall mini-muster was also held in the Storrs-Mansfield area of CT. These shows brought together fire apparatus model builders and collectors from all over New England, and also featured real apparatus displays and vendors. The only event close to this that has occured since that I am aware of is the model show at Firehouse Expo in Baltimore.

Well, not any more! In the spirit of the old SNEMFACA shows, FireEngines.net and the Connecticut Fire Photographers Association ("CFPA") are teaming together to bring you a full day of fire buffing which will include a model show/display, photography night, and outdoor apparatus display. The model show will be held on Saturday, July 17, 2010, from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, 275 Research Parkway, Meriden, CT 06450. Set-up can begin as early as 7:00 a.m., and takedown can occur up until the following morning, subject to availability of the room. The event will be held in Ballroom C, which is a very nice-sized room with easy access to the rear side parking lot where I hope to have some real apparatus on display throughout the day. For those of you making more of a trip out of this or otherwise needing overnight accommodations, the hotel is giving us a special room rate of $75.00/night. Please contact the hotel directly for reservations and mention that you will be with the FireEngines.net event. (203) 238-2380 If you have any issues making reservations then let me know and I will get it straightened out. Some of us will be doing some photo-shooting for a couple days before the event, so let me know if you have interest in participating with this part also. Details on the photo night portion will be posted soon.

Any questions can be emailed to me directly. M1968Q@aol.com If you would like to be added to my email update list then please let me know by sending me an email. All Fire/Police/EMS models are welcome for the display, as are spectators as there will be a lot to see!

Re: 2nd Annual FireEngines.net Model Show and CT Fire Photographers Photo Night

TTT I know it's early to commit, but please don't hesitate to contact me for additional information. This is an event open to all, and should appeal to most aspects of our vast fire-buffing hobby.

Bringing this back to the top.

I'm hoping I can make it, and I'll bring the few of my kitbashes that I have left.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)