Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MB real working rigs

No and No are the answers. We will keep you updated.

Jeff

I had hoped that, by now, we'd at least have seen a photo of the Velocity Tower. Pictures of the regular Matchbox lineup for the coming year have been posted, so why not these? To my knowledge, we don't even know which real truck the model will be based on. Quint or straight platform? Rear mount or midship? Close to 1/87th? (I hope). A bit better proportioned than the Quantum, and a slightly more believable ladder? (I also hope).

I'll tell you what, I love the RWR line. And the trucks are getting progessively better as the line expands. I just picked up the MAN Cargo truck and the Crane this weekend. Both fantastic. And earlier on, the International Flatbed truck was a real winner.

Obviously there is no scale, but for their size and price, the detail and features are winners in my book.

John,

I am sure we see photos sometime in the near future. But with this series we seem to just see them when they hit the stores. It would be interesting to see what they are planning for it. I just assumed it would be a RM but a mid ship tower would be cool.
John is right that they do keep getting better. The scale for the line is "approximately" 1/87. But ultimately they need to fit the pegs and blister packs.

I am really waiting for the Colet Jaguar. I am going to have to clear some projects to get that into the custom shop.

Jeff

I was raving earlier this morning and TOTALLY neglected my favorite RWR--THE BULLDOZER! What a beauty. And then when you combine it with the Super Convoy cable truck--the one that you can remove the spools and cable housing and get a low-boy transport that was made for the Dozer--THAT IS MY FAVORITE!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)