Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chino Valley Photos and Information

Here we go Again

Now we have a turf war. Atev hood vs. the
Fire engine net hood. Better watch out for drive bys

Well, to be fair, we have all been warned to be on our best behaviour, yet the owner of another site, keeps making posts goading one of our members.
He obviously does not care if his goading causes another outburst like last time, and Jeff closes the board down, as he has his own board!
Perhaps he should tone his comments down to just information about fire model collecting, and to stop using other members names in vain, in fact perhaps he should refrain from using anyones name in his posts, as per the rules his counterpart has made on his own board!

UK Pete is right here. He speaks from experience in forum matters. UK Pete was the one, if you all will recall, that got the old Code 3 forum shut down. Not once mind you, but twice. The second time for good. And UK Pete has an ID and posts on Larry's site using another name, isnt that right "Sav"? In fact the reason I found you out, was you were doing the same thing there that you did on the old Code 3 forum, and all that you do here. Never anything to do with models, always something to do with people. And any chance you can to bring up Rich and Larrys name and drag them across your mud field. Yes folks, UK Pete is your man here for bringing down forums. When UK Pete speaks, forums fall. To be fair, he should tone down his comments. In fact, he shouldnt be posting here at all, it never has anything to do with models, just people he dosent like. Right Sav buddy. How quick most forgot what you did.

Once, after I made comments was the code 3 board shut down, not twice, and that particular time was after a week or so of intense barraging from many other members.
I just happened to be the last of a few posts before the plug was pulled, after I posted my honest oppinion.
Oh, and dont forget, I was also the one who joked about the pres of code 3 should consider suicide, after it emerged that the person in china who made all the poisoned toys did.

So, out of all the forums I belong to, one closes, and I get labeled as a board closer.
Thanks Mike, I shall revell in my notoriety.

Back to topic...

I think John is fully capable of addressing the comment from Decker instead of allowing his "chosen ones" (John's quote, not mine) to do so.

John A. accused me of not supporting Code 3 Collectibles. This is flat not true! In fact, I get emails from Code 3 all the time thanking me for posting the information about their releases.

As Decker indicated, the posting of this material can do nothing but increase the sales. Posting this information has nothing to do with increasing the number of hits on the FE site. I place this information out there to keep collectors informed, period.

As to why John A. was removed from the forms, out of respect for John, I will not comment. I will assure you he was not removed because of his support of Code 3, as he would have you believe.

I would email John about this but, as I have already found out, anything you email to John may end up a part of a public posting.

I will say, I've net John and had dinner with him a number of times. He is a great guy in person.

Point is, information was posted for the benefit for all and John had to turn it into a challenge. Completely unneccessary.

OK...On the old boards I know you can do this, but can't you post pictures as an attachment, w/o having to link to a fireengines.net website?

I could have sworn we had that ability, just to post a jpeg, tiff, pdf...etc..

If we did before, and we don't now, why not?

Joe:

On the latest crash link I use a application called Zoom Magic. This application allows the collector to run the cursor over model and take a closeup view of the model.

Sure, I could post the photos over here (I think) but it would be no different than viewing the photos on the Code 3 site. I wanted to give the collector a different experience not available here or any other site other than FE.

Additionally, I search the Internet and try and post some interesting information about the apparatus. In some cases I will call the department to get information.

It takes about three hours to complete and publish one of these pages. Again, I hope by posting such these photos and using the Magic Zoom feature will keep the collector informed and in the long run help Code 3 make a sale. There is no intent to "troll for hits".

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks Larry appreciate your efforts in the information that you post ANYWHERE.

Matt

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)