Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ronald Regan Airport T3000 Oshkosh Crash Truck - Photos

Joe,

This is MY board. Larry is welcome to post here. He is also allowed to moderate his board as he sees fit. I don't know what rules of etiquette we are violating by asking people to follow our rules. When you have your message board you can decide how you want it run. I have asked you in private to not do this and now I am saying so in public. Like a bar manager I am telling you to take it outside. By not respecting my wishes for this board, you are violating rules of etiquette. The only reason there are not more restrictions here is that the Bravenet boards do not allow more of them.

To all freedom of speech does not apply here. And just because you have the "freedom" to speak does not mean anyone has to listen to you. To be honest, most of what gets posted here is so negative it is of little or no value. It makes me wonder why you guys collect. If you can't get enjoyment out of these types of things, then why bother. Face it we are grown ups playing with toys. But the key words are grown ups and we should act as such.

I grow tired of all of this.

Jeff

-
-

OK Guys... Now is the time to SPEAK UP and SHOW your support to Jeff.

To those of you who want to try and commender this forum why don't you just go out and start your own... the "I Will Attack You if You Don't Agree with Me Forum".

To the rest of you... Speak up and tell those who have already stated that they want to shut down this board that your tired of their crap and if they can't get along... then simply leave as you are not welcome. Let the voices of reason and not stupidity be heard here.

No, it does not mean that someone "has to listen" to me. But as I was often bashed on this board, along with several others, with the whole "If you don't like it, don't ******* buy it" comment, where were you or the former board moderators then, when we were being personally attacked? Answer? No where. You and others did NOTHING when flaming was going on because the people doing it were often personally known to, or friends with, the moderators/board owners. And it is a violation of etiquette for all his website promotion links. People know where the website is. If they want to stay up to date on something, they can go there as often as they like. We don't need him coming here and posting link after link after link to his website. This, and others, is supposed to be an IMPARTIAL website. If we want to criticize a specific vendor, product, or person, and we have a valid reason, then we should be able to do it. Make no mistake - this, as a technicality, may be "your" board. But you didn't start this board or start this board name. It was handed down over the years from its original owners/creators. Under their rules, you could post JUST ABOUT, anything you wanted. If you disagreed with something you could do that. If you wanted to ****** you could do that, without repercussion. But then over the years as the board passed from one group to the next, things got more dictatoresque. You can post whatever you want, as long as I agree (or my friends) agree with what you have to post. That was NEVER the intent nor the spirit of the board.

If YOU don't agree with THE OWNER,then DELETE this site from your computer.
I'm pretty sure you did not get a personal invitation to come here.
YOUR choice to stay OR LEAVE!! If you stay,I'm sure you would be welcomed..If you choose to leave,then YOUR world will be a better place without the RIDICULOUS RULES that Jeff has...

And if the owner, or anyone else doesn't agree with what I, or anyone else has to say, they can ignore it as well.

What goes around, comes around. And it's comin around.

I will not be intimidated by anyone either. I will come and go as I please, there is nothing you guys can do to stop me. Too bad so sad.

Boo Frickin Hoo!! Nobody is trying to intimidate you! It just appeared that you DID NOT understand your options!!
Just being Helpful Henry!!
Oh,one more thing.. If the OWNER doesn't like what you say, he CAN{and should} ban you.
I think that is CHECKMATE

JOE VISITS THE DEMON SITE

It has been determined that the collector know as “Joe” visited the demon site, www.fireengines.net on March 26, 2010. This is evidenced by the demon site’s server log presented in the below log entry:

24.1.72.228 - - [26/Mar/2010:18:56:54 -0400]

As a result, an emergency meeting was held to determine what to do with that additional hit. It was determined that typing in the address may have been an accident and the one hit will be removed for the total hit count for March 26, 2010. The record will be reduced from 12,167 to 12,166 for March 26, 2010.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I have remained quiet through all of this but do support Jeff, his right to have this site and his right to defend the site.

Oh Larry my love, how you tease me so with your flirtatious banter.

How special that makes me feel that you track my moves so.

You big hunk of a man you - How I desire you for you web prowess skills.

Man Oh Man......

I am shaking my head in disbelief, and laughing too.

I am wondering what the hell some of you guys have as a hobby, because it sure isn't toy fire trucks. Most of the posts on this board as of late are some form of pi$$ing contest, usually between a few "anonymous" lurkers and a few other hobby celebrities (for lack of a better term) who at least aren't afraid to post in their own skin.

What's the point?

So what's your BIG FREAKIN' DEAL there Steve-o? Huh? You think you can just chime in with your ridiculous opinions anytime you wish??? Who made you the boss???

JUST KIDDING STEVE!

Actually, I am also shaking my head and laughing at this thread. Heck, if this keeps up then I can cancel my cable TV service and save $60.00 a month just reading this insanity! Keep it up I say!

As the late great Johnnie Carson used to say..."Now that is some funny stuff". True!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)