Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hotwheels Airport Rescue Variations?

The model should have the B2 on the cab. Sometimes the angle of a BP photo or thick tampo application makes the lettering hard to see in the stripe. If the stripe is missing I would call that an error model. The only variations of the model are country of origin for the yellow model and a red version made in France.

The model is based on the real P15 (military) or M12 (civilian) by Oshkosh. An awesome machine.

Jeff

I also forgot there was a made in Mexico version. Is is basically the same as the other yellow models except the color of the red stripe is more orange.

The latter 2 are the harder to find.

Jeff

Thx Jeff....It probably has the B-2, but I agree the picture makes it hard to tell....

I'll let you know when I get the package.....

I was lucky enough to be assigned to the P-15 crew at Andrews AFB in 1979. 65 tons of fireighting monster. Loved to drive it...0 to 60 in 45 seconds. Could pump 3,000 gpm. I've got the original Matchbox release for my memories.

Hey Paul....Did you ever see the 4 Oshkosh M-4000's we used to have at Atlanta Airport? All are gone now, replaced by the Juguar K-40's and now the Oshkosh Striker 3000 units.

Saw the M-4000's once. Never saw the Colets...heard they were being retired also. Colet doesn't seem to have many buyers. Wonder whan the problem is? They look like sharp trucks.

Paul....The K-40's had major mechanical problems, before they got rid of them at ATL Airport it was costing the airport over half a million $$ in repairs. I know of at least one instance where the rear two axles broks off one of the K-40's while driving down a taxiway. Fortunately, it was not running off a hard surface! When the city sold them off, they went for about 5K each. The buyer salvaged the Detroit engines and trans and made a killing...

Jeff,

Yes, it did in fact have a B-2....albeit not as pronounced as on the one I acquired a couple of years back.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)