Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Corgi New Product Development - Fire/EMS

My biggest complaint with Corgi, like C3, was all they did was repaint the molds and sell them as new trucks. I have a couple of the first ALF's, but after that I only bought one of each, unless the model changed.

I still don't know why so called 1/64 is so popular when all the so called 1/64 pieces ALSO bounce all over the spectrum of scale. Even the high & mighty C-3 doesn't seem to know what 3/16" = 1 foot in 1/1 scale means.(that's 1/64 or "S" for those that don't know) Anything that fits in a 3.5" blister is now known as 1/64 which is WRONG! One of the hugest offenders(also known as FALSE ADVERTISING) is Jada. They wouldn't know scale if it jumped up & bit em. It's why I dumped the scale entirely & went to 1/50. Are there problems with 1/50? Yes, but FAR fewer industry wide. Corgi had that smaller scale series that were mostly older molds from another company, but never claimed them to be any particular scale. Retailers & eBayers marked them as mostly 1/64(again...WRONG). The Signature Mack Cs are another item of scale flux. They are actually closer to 1/48. Most are sold as 1/50, & some still list them as 1/32! For Corgi, I say stick with 1/50, including chief's vehicles. Redoing the Monaco was great, but looks terrible in 1/43, next to a 1/50 truck.

Corgi models are getting better.The hose loads nerd a lot of work !

A lot of good points have been made in this thread. Being a die hard ambulance collector I'm looking for more EMS units to be made - I'm not fussy on scale, but I am on details like proper emergency lights, stretchers and deatiled interiors (if larger scale models are produced).

Something else to consider is Medic Fly Cars, ERU's or Supervisory units like Tahoes or Expeditions.

Just more fuel for the fire

My Sarasota Pirsch is Flawless also. I would stay away from Pierce and Alf has Code-3 has Flooded the Market with them.

I've said this before on this forum, but here goes again - I think Corgi would have a sellout model if it would make one or two '60s professional car-bodied ambulances. Cadillacs by Miller-Meteor and Superior are the natural choice but I also wouldn't mind seeing a Pontiac or Buick based ambulance. There has been a crying need for one of these in 1:43rd or 1:50th scale since the Corgi and Dinky ambulances of the old days. NEO is bringing out a really nice resin 1:43rd '66 Caddy this year but it will be very limited, very expensive and probably only available overseas or from one or two US dealers. A well-made Corgi Cadillac ambulance would be at the top of my list.

Dick... I place my nomination for an early 70's vintage hi-top cadillac ambulance along the same lines as you suggest.

I too, would love to see a well done Caddy ambulance in 1/50...

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)