Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
REST IN PEACE

I started posting here in 1998, when the tow truck guy ran this board. Really only First Gear, Ertl, Road Champ, Code 3, and some Ashton collectors. We were a fun group, but slowly many decided to leave.

So I express my condolences over the passing of ATEV. There definately has been no action for a long time. I am surprised, as this is an open board, very poster friendly, run efficiently, and doesn't kiss the butt of a certain couple of manufacturers.

Rest in Peace ATEV.

Re: REST IN PEACE

It is sad, b/c just a couple of years back reading this board took up a lot of my net surfing time.

As Code 3 has tanked and TWH is out of my price range, my focus has been on Matchbox size cars again.....

I spend a lot of time on MCCH--lots of ATEVers--esp when we talk about about fire/rescue/pd models post there.

I refuse to even access the other biased sites where opinions take a distant backburner to censorship and favoritism.

BUT I DON'T THINK THIS SITE IS DEAD YET! I DON'T EVEN THINK IT NEEDS LIFE SUPPORT, I JUST DON'T THINK THERE A WHOLE LOT TO TALK ABOUT THESE DAYS.

Someday this board will boom again!!

FC -

It ain't so bad. There is just nothing new going on, sort of like a slow day at the firehouse. Things will pick up, if FunriseCode3 will do the same after this recession. So kick back, relax and drink a slow beer.

I agree completely with John A's post above. TWH stuff looks nice, but too pricey for me too, and I do not appreciate that "other board" being biased.

The ATEV board is the real thing. Here you will get the facts and honest opinions, but like I said - there is nothing going on at this time.

Location: So.FL - Illegal immagrants, iguanas, violent gang crime. Please visit soon!

I hang around several different venues, and I've noticed "traffic" is way down on all of them but one. It is going great guns, just seems to be the fire/fire related sites that are down.

I take that back, there is a model truck site that is dying a painful death, one post per week.

The Scale Firehouse is doing well. IPMS special interest group for building model fire apparatus. Check it out. Some interesting stuff being built there.

Well,

I am back after two and a half years layoff. Kids do that too you!!

It's been slow all around. Code 3 has been a let down for a couple years now and their pitchman is not very customer service friendly. I've only purchased two new releases. I have picked up a couple Corgi's here and there after finding the quality of their collectibles has dramatically improved.

There were many colorful characters on this board over the years, I wish they would post again when the hobby picks up.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)