Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Train Shows

A little off from the usual posting. Maybe some of you attend model train shows locally so this may be old news. I went to one at Ontario Convention Ctr last year and bought an older MB 5 pack, MB KME Base Fire Engine and a Code 3 suburban for total of $10.00.
This shows that sometimes you can find good deals when you least expect them. This weekend the show is back at the convention center so I'll be there looking for more bargains. Just passing on a tip for those looking for older items.
Also someone had a MB Pierce Dash done up with San Luis Obispo markings. Would like to find out if they are still available and who to contact. Thanks

Re: Train Shows

I've picked up some good deals at train shows over the years. You've got to have the patience to really look through the show though since the fire trucks will be few and far between.

Hey Don, Would you mind keeping an eye out for the River Point Station 1/87 scale F350 dually pickup trucks for me? I've been looking for quite some time and can't seem to find them. I guess any "reasonable" price would be ok.

A friend and I renewed our firendship. He likes trains and of course I like fire engines. I now go to train shows and he goes with to toy shows. I have found some good stuff at these shows. A lot of the train dealers want to get rid of their "stuff". Sometimes their "stuff" is old fire engine toys. Yes, you have to lQQk carefully. It's worth it!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)