Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zzzzzzzzz

Anything new anyone?

Boy oh boy, talk about a depression...

Some new ride-a-longs on youtube if that helps.

Re: Zzzzzzzzz

This hobby seems dead in every respect lately, Even the Code 3 complainers (I'm one of them) haven't had anything to say lately. It seems like even the release of the Hartford engine came and passed in silence.

First Gear's new Ward pumper and recent Matchbox have been the only exciting things of late, and actually finding one of the new MB's at retail is near impossible.

I know every hobby has it's ups and downs, but this one has been going down for years now. I honestly wonder if the relatively small number of fire apparatus collectors have just been burnt out by so many diecast releases over the last 10+ years. I couldn't give most of my Code 3's away as of late, even once sought after trucks. I think everyone has either run out of space or interest as of late and many have turned their interest to kitbashing to build what these companies either can't or won't make. I think this hobby needs fewer, more well thought out releases each year to keep people interested and keep the hobby alive along with the manufacturers building them...hear that Code 3? Their warehouse must be busting at the seams by now.

I was lucky enough to pick up few of the new MB Hazard Squad here in Virginia. Great rigs. I ordered (at $3.99 a piece) a couple of the Lesney Pierce Pumpers marked as Pasadena Engine 36--I had to buy those online as I've only seen Lensey Editions in one supermarket here in Northern VA and not a single one anywhere else. Strange distribution on those. I did get a couple of the MB Real Working Rigs series Pierce Tower Ladders. Those are beauties.

I picked up a couple of the Virgina State Police Crown Vics in the Target Green Light Series 4 Exclusives--dead on accurate. Green Light does some nice work.

Aside from that.....just waiting for the Matchbox Brush Truck and that's it.....

I won't buy a Code 3 unless it's a Boston or Virgina/DC/MD piece.....MAYBE Chicago, but most of the Chicago rigs have been "fantasy pieces." For the price they get, they better be real rigs.

And TWH.....beauties, but who has that money for one truck...... I splurged on the Oshkosh P Series Snow Plow.....what a rig.....but is it worth the price?? Nothing is worth $200 in this economy.....

Hang in there guys.....

I've actually picked up two or three of the newer Corgi models which are quite good / lend themselves to kitbashing too. I hope Corgi stays in the game / can turn out a couple releases with as high a level of detail as the Memphis Pirsch. I would like to see a mid-mount aerial..

The MB squad in red and white is nice, but the HAZMAT unit in green and white (or is it yellow - I'm partly colorblind) is gorgeous, and I usually prefer red fire trucks. That one probably will be even harder to find.

I have seen a couple of IXO CV's over here,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400058255665&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-CROWN-POLICE-MONTPELLIER-IXO-MOC067-1-43-NEW-/400088216804?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN

I do not know if they have appeared over there yet?

Oh yes, and this 1/76th firetruck is a cutie too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OXFORD-OO-AEC-REGENT-III-LONDON-FIRE-BRIGADE-76REG001-/160472653107?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)