Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Passing of Mike Adams

Mike Adams, noted and respected model maker and kit basher, passed away yesterday evening at 6 PM in Salt Lake City. May he rest in eternal peace.

Re: The Passing of Mike Adams

My condolences to Mike's family.

Ohhhh

Mike - I hope your passing was peaceful and miraculous. Thank you for the things you shared with us.

There is no more pain - only love from angels - a lot of them!!!

I'm sure all of us at ATEV, thank you for sharing your life and knowledge. I hope we will all meet "upstairs" with you someday

Only Sadness in my Heart at this time. Mikey,you will be missed.
Prayers & Thoughts with Mike and Famlies.

Mike,
Thanks my good friend and May God Have Mercy on
Your Soul, see you on the other side.
Ronbo

This is a very sad day. As Ron stated Mike was an all around great guy. He was a fantastic model maker and never hesitated to help out. He would send parts out without flinching and share his wealth of knowledge. Our hobby is definitely a darker place without him here.

I guess I will have to get off my duff and use dome of the stuff he sent me to make a commemorative model.

Mike you will be missed. As Ronbo states I hope to see you on the the other side.

Jeff

He was like a "godfather" to me and some others in this hobby.

Very, very sad news. Still lost for words. Was hoping he could recover.
Always a great kit basher and pleasant guy to talk with. He made me some great models (LAX and O’Hare). If he could he would help you.

Very sad news. One of the Big Fish has left the pond. Rest in Peace Mike, Godspeed, and thanks for everything.

Rest in peace, Mike. You will be missed.

Mike you were an inspiration to many, may you RIP brother....

REST in Peace, my friend...... may we see each other in paradise. Thank you for the trades, and buisness. Julius Gutierrez

I just found out today. I had tried to call Mike a number of times over the last week, but could not reach his cell number. I last spoke to Mike when he called me about two and a half weeks ago. He was in goos spirits, but I could tell he was distressed. I will greatly miss Mike. He was always there for me. I'm glad I made some models for Mike, and will greatly appreaciate the terrific models he made for me.

Chuck

So sad to hear the news.

I have been out of the Hobby awhile. Came here today to see some old faces. Mike was a man of standing and his talent we all benefitted from. You will be sadly missed my friend. I will miss your witty e-mails and treasure your kitbashes always. So sorry you didnt get chance to do the two custom Rescues for my Daughters. R.I.P. Brother. All the very best to your Family.

"To live in the hearts of others is to never have died at all"

Darran, Michelle Harrety and the Girls.

I spoke with Mike's brother Steve the other day. He told me Mike's health really started to deteriorate around early July. I was glad that I was able to speak with him. Also good to see on a number of boards how many will miss our buddy. This is a link to the Obit pages for the SLC Tribune. Some interesting information on Mike that I didn't know.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/saltlaketribune/guestbook.aspx?n=michael-adams&pid=145190658&page=2

And not a peep about Mikey from the Code 3 folks.Which I think is terrible because of what Mikey DID for Our Hobby!
But we get pics of Tractors on a FIRE/EMS/RESCUE Collectible Website...

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)