Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking to buy preassembled 1/87 scale RMM Oshkosh airport crash trucks

Jeff,

The RMM models require very little clean up or prep. That is why I put them at the top. Basically wash and go. I have nearly all of them but the 2 Oshkosh you listed and the Walter.

As for the price, you can order directly from RMM. They are only about $100 each plus shipping. Considering Trip and Cheryl are a business and trying to make a profit their prices are OK.

As a side I just picked up an out of production RMM Mack CF tower and MFO Seagrave tower of German ebay. About $250 for the pair. But they are my birthday present.

Jeff

Thanks for the info, Jeff!

After looking at these up close on the 1-87 Vehicle Club photo galleries, it appears that the tires are rubber and not plastic that has to be painted black. Am I correct? If so, do these models include metal axles to where they can roll?

Do you use regular Testors modeling glue or do you have to use Super Glue? And what color do the crash trucks come molded in? And I'm guessing that the directions only come in German, or do they include English?

As far as ordering them directly from RMM, I'm not sure how to go about that since I don't know the German language!!!

Sorry for all the questions; just trying to find out all I can before I go springing for one of these!

Trip Aiken from Truck Stop Models called me at home today and he told me everything I needed to know about the RMM models, and resin models in general. It was a pleasant surprise that he called me and I very much appreciated his call and the time that he took out of his day and all of the information he gave me!

Wow. That's really amazing that the RMM models are so expensive. There is even a 4x4 ARFF for $175.00! Why is that?

Its been a long time since I've looked a 1/87 stuff and I really like what I see. Some of the models are really well detailed and (only) cost 20-30 bucks. In fact I looked at the SSM-71,72 ALF 700s and even at that scale they got the mirrors and wipers in correct proportion. So what is C3's excuse?

I'm going to give some serious thought about getting into 1/87 and starting a new collection. Perhaps do some dioramas. Looks like fun.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)