Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1/87 scale chevron striping???

Has anyone tried using the 1/64 scale chevron striping decals from InQuarters on the rear of any 1/87 scale fire apparatus models? If so, could you let me know how it turned out? I would think that the stripes would be too large but that's the best we 1/87 scale modelers can do right now, that I know of.

Re: 1/87 scale chevron striping???

I found some by Microscale. The package says "Wisconsin and Southern (WSOR)" and the stock # is 87-763. I'm not sure how large the striping is and if it would even look OK on the rear of, for example, a Boley Spartan pumper. I do plan on buying a pack in the near future to see how it looks.

It does also come in N Scale, stock # 60-763. I would have to see the 2 packages side by side to determine which scale would work best, as the 1/87 striping may actually be too large and the N Scale just right.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)