Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C3's ALF TDA SF#4

Is it me or isn't the ladder supposed to be yellow with a big gold wheel on the side? And what about the firemen in their seats? Looks like C3 blew it again.

(I don't expect everyone to get it)

Re: C3's ALF TDA SF#4

I thought sumpin' was missin'

Jeff: They knew how to build a toy fire engine. I always liked the officer's white hat !

Here's pics on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-CORGI-MajorToys-Aerial-Rescue-Fire-truck-Engine-/160517472647?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item255f964187

Must have been other variations on this model. Mine has chromed wheel centers, white painted bell and siren and does not have the American LaFrance markings on the tiller. No jewelled headlights either.

And the windshield wipers were the right size

Terry C.
Must have been other variations on this model. Mine has chromed wheel centers, white painted bell and siren and does not have the American LaFrance markings on the tiller. No jewelled headlights either.

Yes there were several verisions of this model over the years. The original had the chrome running boards and red wheels. The next version, around 1972-ish, had the white running boards and silver wheels. In the late 70's/early 80's they corgi shortened the crew by removing the two firefighters in the jump seats. I wasn't aware that there was ever a version without the jeweled headlamps.

I restored one of those Corgi ALF's with parts from someone in England. This was about 8 years ago. He supplied the firemen and the ground ladders which were diecast metal - actually looked good. I'll have to apologize to Code3 for comparing their new ALF's to the Corgi in one of the posts.
December in Michigan ! Near zero, 30 mph winds & 8" of snow !!!

The old Corgi toy is a far more faithful reproduction of the classic ALF lines than the current Code 3 "model."

I still have my first generation Corgi ALF TDA, which I got for Christmas back in 1968. The Corgi in unmistakably an ALF, jewelled headlights (which I love), big brass knobs, and all.

The Code 3 is just a disappointment. If you take away the little details and hefty price tag, it compares favorably with the Tootsietoy version of the ALF midmount.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)