Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Will ATEV go the way of Code3 ??

I commented a few months back about the lack of posts pertaining to kitbashes, new models, etc. and wondered if everyone has lost interest in the hobby. Granted there are other factors involved, such as the economy. and related issues. have we given up ? There must be something out there to talk about ! Outside of a few posts about the demise of Code3 and some sales not much is going on. I sure hope losing Code3 doesn't mean that ATEV will also go. I enjoyed the Code3 models from the start and bought most of them - I only have one left - the Detroit Pierce rear mount - we have downsized from over 600 trucks of all makes to less than 25. At age 77 the next move is to a smaller senior residence.
Jim L.

Re: Will ATEV go the way of Code3 ??

Jim,

I don't know whether this will go the way of Code 3. That is dependent on all of you. My plans are to keep it open for the foreseeable future. There have been several things that have lowered the traffic here.
1. There are other message boards that provide much more than this fairly narrow focus board.
2. The software etc of this board is probably not as user friendly as other boards.
3. Some of the discourse on the board degenerated in to hate, politics, racism etc which chased members away.
4. The Fire collectibles market is way down.

I would love to see the board come back in some manner. But again it is up to you.

Jeff

Re: Will ATEV go the way of Code3 ??

Actually, I prefer the software on this board. It's very straight-forward and to the point. The only draw back is that you have to know HTML in order to post pix.

Thanks JW for keeping this board up and operational. We do appreciate it very much.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)