Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rescue Pumper Body Wanted

I am looking to buy a RD Models Rescue Pumper body with side mount pump and cabinet doors. If anyone has one and is willing to part with it at a reasonable price, please e-mail me. The company is closed due to a family illness and I eagerly need it for a long awaited project.

Keith

Re: Rescue Pumper Body Wanted

Can anyone recommend a comprable manufacturer with a HO scale rescue pumper body that I can modify to my needs?

Re: Rescue Pumper Body Wanted

The 3 I would use would be the Boley, models. The Spartan has a high side body on one side. The ladder version actually wil make a nice rescue pump with some mods. Lastly the GMC/Seagrave has what I believe is the basis for RD's rescue pumper for the body. It has roll ups on both sides.

I assume you are looking for high sides on both sides of the body. If so, you are short on luck. You could look at modifying the Boley heavy rescues by cutting the tops off and building the hose load. I have used the Matchbox Mack rescue to do.

If you want to pay a handsome sum, then you can look to the German models.

Jeff

Rescue Pumper

Jeff, do you have any pics of your Matchbox Mack Rescue based rescue-pumper? Also saw a pic of your High Rise Unit, what did you utilize to fabricate the lift gate?

Keith

Re: Rescue Pumper

Here are a couple photos.

The lift gate on the High Rise was part of the truck I bought. It was the Crown Snap On version. The later Tins Toys versions did not have the lift gate.

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)